Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Client Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
Commercial Banking is looking for a dynamic self-starter who embraces a team environment and shares our passion for helping Canadian businesses achieve their goals to join our Distribution team as a Senior Client Relationship Manager.
Our Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice and a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team members with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment.
The ideal/preferred candidate has 2+ years of experience in Commercial Banking as a Relationship Manager. This position will cover the Durham and or Markham region.
If you have a winning mindset and are proactive, resourceful and committed to profitable growth and delivering an exceptional client experience, we invite you to consider this position.
As a Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will:
- Proactively acquire new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients’ needs and asking for business and referrals
- Deepen client relationships by providing proactive advice and solutions, being a client champion, leveraging partners and promoting cross sell
- Make it easy for customers to do business with Scotiabank by bringing the Bank to the customer and providing fast turnaround times
Performance objectives for this role reward planned and advice-based portfolio management of moderately complex Commercial relationships ($25MM - $100MM client annual revenue). You are responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer experience, cross sell, new client acquisition, credit underwriting and compliance, revenue growth and referral activities. You have a passion for understanding clients’ businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Post-secondary education completed in Business, Economics, Finance along with relevant work experience pertaining to the position
- 2 – 5 years of Commercial Banking experience
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Commercial Banking marketplace
- Intermediate Credit Skills obtained through experience from a variety of transactions of various Credit size
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Strong and proven communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong and proven analysis and completion of Credit Applications
- Strong and proven Risk Analysis experience
- Expert sales closing skills with an established track record
- Well-developed and successful relationship building and relationship management experience
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
- Advanced portfolio management skills, including proven ability to execute sales activities and manage sales pipeline
- Developed ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals
This position reports to Director & Group Lead, Client Relationships (Mid-Market).
Markham || Canada : Ontario : Markham || Canada : Ontario : Oshawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.