Location - NORTH BATTLEFORD
Temporary Part Time until December 31, 2022
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 04/26/2021 to be considered for this opportunity.
The incumbent is responsible for reading meters accurately in a timely manner to meet billing cycle requirements. This position is accountable to the Meter Reading Supervisor (In-Scope). Typical, but not all-inclusive, duties are as follows:
- Read meters and input figures accurately for the calculation and recording of electrical and gas consumption in accordance with monthly billing schedules.
- Efficiently organize the work associated with the position.
- Work alone and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Follow procedures for the daily operation and maintenance of the hand-held meter reading device.
- Accountable for monitoring, administering and recommending changes to meter read routes.
- Professional interpersonal skills including:
Interacting with internal and external customers.
Responding to and resolving customer concerns in a professional and timely manner.
Treating customers professionally and providing excellence in customer service
Establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Issuing and facilitating customer communications for meter access.
- Ensure the integrity of SaskPower’s service by identifying and reporting unusual circumstances or faulty service conditions and reporting to the appropriate department.
- Ensure the security of customer keys and access codes.
- Prepare required forms and reports.
- Practice and promote safe work habits.
- Follow applicable working alone policies.
- Read maps and navigate accordingly.
- May be required to work alone with limited supervision.
- Perform Hazard and Risk Assessments to determine an acceptable level of risk for situations such as, but not all inclusive:
Condition that pose risk from animals
Potential violence situations
Undesirable indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Able to perform the following physical job responsibilities:
Walk up to 6.5 hours per day
Bend, stretch and climb in order to access meters.
- Perform other related and assigned duties as required.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to cooperate and deal tactfully with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
This position falls within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 2067.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube:
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter:
Please apply by 04/26/2021.