If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Cook is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Cook your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Preparing meals and snacks according to production sheets, recipes and other menu document as provided.
- Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises team leader of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- In the absence of the team leader, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers.
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new team members.
- Attends in-service meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Graduate of a recognized college food preparation program and willing to Red Seal certify.
- One year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special events preparation.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus Points for having:
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and cooking in Health, Long Term Care, or Retirement Residence is preferred.
- Red Seal Designation preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Type: Part-time