At Alcanna, we offer our employees a career to celebrate! As North America’s largest publicly traded retailer of adult beverages, we operate 240+ liquor retail locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska. Our brands include Liquor Depot in Alberta and British Columbia, Wine and Beyond in Alberta, ACE Liquor in Alberta, and Brown Jug in Alaska. On October 17, 2018, we proudly introduced our new cannabis retail stores, Nova Cannabis, which are currently operating in Alberta and Toronto.
With new store openings right around the corner, we are looking for experienced Customer Experience Representativeswho can handle curve balls like a champ. Not only will they be responsible for ensuring the store is in tip-top shape, but they’ll also become masters in everything cannabis and will be eager to share their new knowledge with our awesome customers. We’re looking for go-getters who love to meet new people and cultivate relationships and are excited to learn more about this up and coming industry.
Role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers upon entrance; engage in conversation and build a relationship to understand specific needs.
- Facilitate a welcoming and positive atmosphere for everyone in the store.
- Educate customers about cannabis products, strains and consumption methods.
Day to Day Operations
- Promote our culture and brand by participating in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other team members to generate sales.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge; staying up-to-date with industry legislation, trends and new products.
- Participate in routine store maintenance and ensure cleanliness is a priority.
- Complete customer transactions on the POS system and adhere to all cash and Loss Prevention procedures.
- Monitor inventory and re-stock product regularly.
- Comply with all OH&S (Occupational, Health, and Safety) policies and procedures.
- Support and promote Alcanna’s and AGLC’s (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission) social responsibility programs.
- Comply with Alcanna policies, standard operating procedures, and practices.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of retail and/or hospitality experience.
- Cannabis, liquor or healthcare experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Must have valid SellSafe certification or be willing to obtain it.
- Must complete and pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Must submit a QCW (Qualified Cannabis Worker) application to AGLC (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission) and obtain approval to work in cannabis.
- Working knowledge of regulations as it pertains to selling cannabis in Alberta.
Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- Must have regular weekend and evening availability
- Excellent customer service skills; you have a positive attitude, are charismatic, and are very comfortable engaging with customers.
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem solve.
- Open minded and constantly identifying ways to improve.
- Passionate about creating a positive, memorable, and tailored experience for every customer.
- Team player who is passionate about supporting the overall success of the business.
- Uphold ethics, confidentiality, and demonstrate a high level of discretion at all times.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have reliable transportation.
If you are excited about this dynamic opportunity in the growing retail cannabis market and meet the criteria listed above, we want to hear from you! Please apply online at www.careerstocelebrate.comto be considered. Applications will be accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest in Alcanna; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For our full list of career opportunities, please visit http://careerstocelebrate.com.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Spruce Grove, AB (Preferred)
- QCW (Qualified Cannabis Worker) (Preferred)
- Sell Safe (Required)