Dispatcher / Flight Follower
Universal Helicopters - Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Job Description: Now
- Receive and maintain submitted flights plans for all operational aircraft
- Monitor the progress of each flight from its commencement to its termination, including any intermediate stops of a flight's progress.
- Provide operational information as required by a flight such as meteorological information without analysis or interpretation to the flight crew.
- Respond to requests by the pilot-in-command for information related to the flight.
- Activate and follow the appropriate procedures in the Emergency Response Plan if a flight is overdue, missing or an I-Sat emergency is received.
- Maintain each flight itinerary in a digital company library
- Advise the Chief Pilot/Operations Manager when a flight is being carried out and no information has been provided to the Operation Control Center.
- Answer phone calls and direct them to the appropriate employees or take a detailed message.
- Answer phone calls and accept aircraft bookings in coordination with the base manager.
- Be available to carry out on call procedures for after hours operations.
Other duties as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task, with attention to detail.
- Skilled in problem solving and decision making
- Ability to perform and make informed decisions under pressure
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Computer literacy including Microsoft office programs
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Previous flight dispatch experience
- Previous experience within Flight Operations
- Radio Operators License
- Salary $18 to $20 per hour for 80 hours bi-weekly
- Vacancies 1 Vacancy
- Terms of employment Permanent Full time
- Start date As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Day shifts that will include working weekends. Flexible hours.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Employment requirements to work at Goose Bay Airport:
Airport security clearance; Criminal record check
Own transportation; Valid driver's licence
*Universal Helicopters thanks all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- dispatch: 1 year (Preferred)