Recruitment: Clinical Therapist Required for Wellness Studio (Independent Contractor)
K.Dool Social Work Professional Corporation
Do you feel called to make a contribution to the mental health & wellness of Sault Ste. Marie residents? Perhaps you have a few innovative ideas and you are seeking a Wellness studio that is receptive to your vision? Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, positively impacting your clients’ lives, while facilitating fantastic workshops, truly resonates with you professionally. If this description rings true to you, then we are in search of your assistance in filling the vacancy for a Clinical therapist at K.Dool Social Work Professional Corporation (Independent Contractor).
The ideal candidate for this Therapy position will provide personalized Wellness plans and pre-established programming designed to help our clients meet their short and long-term personal goals. You are of the belief that clients can reach a place of self-actualization and you respect their healing journey. You are patient, empathic and open-minded in your practice.
As an ideal candidate, you also possess an ease about you that assists clients and colleagues to feel comfortable in your presence. You are approachable and you are actively living a healthy lifestyle that you can promote and encourage others to embrace because you have experienced the benefits of this first hand. In essence, you “walk the walk and talk the talk” regarding personal wellness.
Finally, you are highly motivated, you’re honest, sincere, willing to grow and be challenged professionally. You have at least 5 years of therapeutic experience working with diverse populations. You are innovative and you also have a complimentary vision and desire to contribute to this evolving private practice.
Therapist Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor client progress and adjust Wellness plans as required.
- Deliver Wellness programming to clientele.
- Co-create and facilitate workshops with other Wellness staff members or Independently.
- Complete client file documentation.
- Evaluate clients’ needs and create a custom Wellness plan
- Coordinate with other Wellness team members, agencies and community resources In order to create a thorough Wellness plan.
- Maintain required registration with the OCSWSSW or College of Registered Psychotherapists.
- Willingness to work daytime, evenings and some varied hours.
Therapist Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counselling
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a therapeutic setting conducting clinical work.
- Active registration with the OCSWSSW or College of Registered Psychotherapists.
- Experience working with children/families, young adults and adult populations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to empathize with clients.
- Ability to access internal and external resources as part of a client Wellness plan.
- Experience writing assessments and reports to monitor client progress.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experienced and proficient in the delivery of workshops and public speaking engagements related to Wellness topics.
Please submit a resume, along with 3 references via email by Sept 20, 2019.
Only those candidates that have been short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $45.00 /hour
- therapeutic: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Contract
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)