Type: Full time – Permanent
Location: Pickering, Ontario
NOC: 1525 C
AutoLux Ltd. o/a Rapid City Transportation has been specializing in medical transportation logistics services for over 20 years, supporting all of Ontario offering door-to-door concierge style transportation for individuals requiring special care - before, during and after their transfers.
Are you passionate about helping others, comfortable speaking on the phone, can navigate with ease through computer systems and are seeking a long-term career?
We are looking for great people to join our amazing team of over 300 employees and add to our exciting environment, located in Pickering, Ontario.
- Receive and dispatch orders in a timely manner
- Prioritize messages and calls according to urgency and importance
- Maintain a comprehensive record of communication
- Enter data in computer software and maintain logs and records as requested
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Monitor the route and status of drivers/vehicles to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Provide drivers information regarding orders, traffic obstacles and other requirements
- Outsourcing of services in the most effective manner to meet daily requirements
- Communicate with drivers to remind of proper vehicle conditions and defensive driving
- Initiate action to improve performance
- Coordinate with internal departments as required
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years dispatching experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (comfortable attaching documents, working with multiple screens and multiple tabs)
- High ability to pleasantly and professionally converse with individuals on the phone, transfer information accurately into company software and maintain high accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and high ability to operate in a busy environment
- Flexible to work 42.5 hours a week between the hours of 6:00am and 11:30pm (with day and evening shifts available)
If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply!
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
AutoLux Ltd. o/a Rapid City Transportation is committed to accessible employment practices which are compliant under AODA and support equal opportunity. If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources. All personal information is collected and stored under the authority of PIPEDA.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- dispatch: 5 years (Required)