Job title :
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLNESS ASSISTANT
TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a term specific full time Employee Health & Wellness Assistant to join our Employee Health & Wellness (EH&W) department in Kelowna. This term is until March 31, 2022 or return of the incumbent.
Who are we looking for?
Reporting directly to the Manager, Employee Health & Wellness for Workplace Health and Safety, the Employee Health & Wellness Assistant provides primary support to the Workplace Health & Safety staff in the area of disability claims and sick leave management.
We are looking for an Assistant to support functions such as:
gathering information from various sources to support effective administration of WorkSafeBC, Long Term Disability (LTD) and Short Term Disability (STD) claims, Duty to Accommodate (DTA) requests, health and safety grievances, and WorkSafeBC appeals.
What will you work on?
1. Gathering and compiling sick leave information for all staff with an injury or illness. This includes reviewing daily reports, gathering additional information from ESP, managers, payroll, and others for the required documentation.
2. Liaising with other Employee Health & Wellness professionals to gather additional information required to facilitate Canada Life referral process, i.e. job description, work schedules, etc. Maintains records of all referrals to Canada Life and follows up as necessary.
3. Assisting the Employee Health & Wellness professionals in receiving reports, setting up teleconferences, recording minutes of meetings, as well as providing confidential administrative duties as needed specific to these matters. During Employee Health & Wellness Facilitators staff scheduled absences (vacation) performs some case management activities under the direction of another staff member.
4. Providing administrative support to Employee Health & Wellness relative to sensitive employee health & safety matters (e.g. allegations of substance use, grievance matters relating to Duty to Accommodate issues, grievance matters relative to sickness absenteeism, and documentation specific to employee capabilities vs. job requirements). This support may include researching payroll records, ESP, and employee health files to obtain information to either support or refute the alleged issue and preparing relevant correspondence required.
5. Performing other duties as required.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- A diploma (preferred) or certificate in Disability Management or Human Resources would be considered an asset but is not required
- Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of WCB regulations, collective agreements, and LTD benefit plan requirements related to WCB, LTD, and sickness leave
- 2 years related experience in disability claims/insurance
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure an efficient office operation
- Ability to function independently, exercising sound judgment skills
- Ability to function interdependently in a team environment
- Ability to be discreet, tactful, and flexible
- Ability to use computer software efficiently (e.g. word processing, database programs, Excel spreadsheet applications, charts and graphs, and PowerPoint)
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position