Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs, and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind, and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
you will feel connected to the community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
· you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
· you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment.
· you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
· you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi-service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our services include Childcare Services, school-age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs, and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y not join the thousands of members, employees, and volunteers, and share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position/Term: Part-Time Evening Child CareCustodian - 2 positions
University YMCA Child Care - 1141 Western Road London, Ontario
Start Date: ASAP
Qualifications & Experience:
· Experience in a commercial cleaning environment.
· WHMIS trained (can be provided if not in place).
· Experience with the safe and proper use and storage of cleaning supplies.
· A clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
· Must be 18 years old
· $14.25 per hour
· A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
· A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
· Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
· Monday through Friday
· Evenings shifts - ( 2) 6:00pm – 10:00pm - University Location
· 20 hours per week
· YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
· Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
· Cleaning and maintaining all areas of the facility. (Classrooms, kitchen, staff room, office, hallways, bathrooms.)
· Regular removal of garbage and recycling.
· Working with the team in a positive and enthusiastic manner, to ensure member safety and satisfaction.
· Commitment to serving all members.
· Demonstrating a commitment to YMCA Mission, Vision, and Values.
· Ensuring the center is locked and the alarm activated upon leaving.
1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and the location. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position.
2. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments,
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Reference ID: CESCUSUN2021
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Wellness program