Employment duration: Part -Time Permanent ( Possibility of Full-time based on performance and business requirements )
Job Code: Operations Administrative Assistant
Location: Thompson, Manitoba
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday & Friday (9am – 3pm) - Subject to change with company requirements - Flexibility is very crucial
In this role you will be assisting with the overall daily operations within the company, completing various administrative tasks and responsibilities such a drafting reports, record keeping, assisting with scheduling, answering phone calls, booking appointments, coordinating and organizing meetings and general duties and responsibilities of daily company operations pertaining to the security industry.
- You will be responsible for effectively drafting industry reports
- Screening internal and external telephone calls and queries in a professional manner while delivering a high level of customer service
- Maintain, organize, and store company files and records while adhering to strict confidentiality policies and procedures
- Assisting with the scheduling of security staff and assist with daily operations
- Coordinate and schedule staff meetings, company events, activities, and other corporate or social gatherings
- Prepare Standard Operating Procedure reports
- Answer phone calls
- Flexibility to assist with work on company projects and or additional tasks as required
- General admin duties
- Ability to commute ( Access to a vehicle and possession of a drivers license is preferred )
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills and be able to handle sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly observant with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to type 60 words per minute minimum
- Ability to exercise vigilance
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and multi-task under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in using technology and computer applications
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency using Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Skype, 365 and Windows 10.
- Experience with Scheduling software
- Experience in research and information gathering techniques.
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Ability to effectively generate all relevant reports and distribute in a timely manner
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English with proficiency
- Possession of a valid security license - an asset*
- Possess relevant industry security experience - an asset*
What ASAP Offers:
- Competitive Pay Structure
- Quality Training Programs
- Support and Mentoring Programs
- Career Development Opportunities
- Recognition Programs
ASAP Secured Inc. is committed to providing client organizations with highly-trained, motivated, and dedicated security professionals for results-oriented protection and the security of people, property, evidence, brand, and information.
Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility, and leadership, so we can perform at the highest level and exceed expectations.
ASAP Secured Inc. has built an unmatched reputation for bringing premium security services to clients throughout Canada.
ASAP Secured is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status or any other protected status. We thank all applicants however, we will only contact selected candidates.
The position advertised above takes into the consideration that the applicant has met all the basic requirements as stated in the job description for employment by ASAP Secured Inc. The job description is a guideline and further duties will to required to be performed by the successful candidate.
ASAP Secured Inc will notify employees and the public about the availability of accommodation for job applicants who have disabilities. Applicants will be informed that these accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and for other candidate selection methods. Where an accommodation is requested, ASAP Secured Inc will consult with the applicant and provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.
Job Type: Part-Time Permanent ( Possibility of Full-Time opportunity based on performance, experience, and company requirements )
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /year
- Computer Software: 2 years (Required)
- Office Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Thompson, MB (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Preferred)
- Security Guard License (Preferred)
- English (Required)