Our mission is to deliver high quality education to high school students worldwide.
We are looking for passionate, energetic, and responsible individuals to develop materials for the Ontario high school curriculum ESL courses (ESLAO - ESLEO). The materials should follow Ministry of Education's requirements. Some of the materials will be presented live online to the students, and some will be presented using videos.
The applicants should be comfortable, easy going, and creative when teaching to teens. They should also be comfortable with different technologies. The primary focus of the job is on content development, but there will be opportunities to teach the material as well.
Our immediate need is for a curriculum developer for ESLBO, ESLCO and ESLDO. The work will be remote (you can work from anywhere in the world).
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) preferred
- Experience developing content and teaching ESLBO, ESLCO, ESLDO
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Education Curriculum and Growing Success
- Enthusiastic, flexible, highly responsible; able to motivate and inspire students
- Ability to work with Zoom, Moodle, video-recording software (preferred)
- Develop Ontario High School ESL curriculum which may include Powerpoint presentations, MS-Word documents, assessments, worksheets, video recordings, etc.
- Coordinate with other ESL/English teachers on lesson plans
- Keep students engaged using a variety of teaching techniques: lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations
- Assign and mark homework
- Evaluate and review the progress of students and discuss results with students and parents
- The work will start immediately.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for considering Canaway Academy. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- ESLAO-ESLEO teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)