Program Assistant to the Health Director (Term)
Beaver First Nation is currently looking for a reliable and organized person to be part of the BFN dynamic Health Team. This position is full-time and encompasses both Children Services, Family and Community Safety responsibilities. This position reports directly to the Health Director of BFN.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Experience in data entry and manipulation, computer skills and online research
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Valid Driver’s License (required).
- University Degree/Diploma in Health or Social Work will be an asset
- Training or Experience in Health Administration
- High school graduate with Health Training and experience will be considered
- Completion of a Criminal Record and Child Services check.
- Standard First Aid ( Required )
- Familiarity of the BFN cultural and language is an asset
- Knowledge of local and near-by resources
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with community, community agencies and Indigenous Service to deliver quality community programs to BFN members in accordance with BFN policies and guidelines.
- Advocate, maintain and improve access to program services for BFN members.
- Liaison with Community partners such as Alberta Health Services, Rocky Lane School, Safe Home, Parent Link and Domestic Violence
- Prepare and/or distribute education/information through a variety of mediums including power points, brochures, videos and workshops approved by the Health Director
- Increase the awareness of healthy practices such as heathy eating and active living heathy environments and traditional teachings of BFN
- Collect data from events, debriefing sessions and talking circles to inform planning for future programs and compile and complete monthly reporting requirements.
- Maintain client records and required statistics. Required to compile and complete monthly reporting requirements.
- Compile/organize information for BFN community monthly newsletter/website including creating/delivering community notices/flyers.
- Meet with individuals, special interest groups, and others on behalf of the BFN on behalf of the Health Director if needed
- Promote BFN in a positive manner to the community and organizations
- Assist/provide coverage for medical transportation/reception.
- Other duties as assigned by the Health Director.
Salary will depend on education and experience
Forward Cover Letter and Resume to:
Beaver First Nation
C/O Rod Chalifoux, Band Manager
P.O Box 270 High Level, AB T0H 1Z0
Phone: (780) 927-3544 Fax: (780) 927-4064
DEADLINE: April 15, 2019 or until suitable applicant is found.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year