World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 68,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Air Liquide Canada
Founded in 1911, Air Liquide Canada has over 2,200 employees and serves over 80,000 customers in Canada’s aeronautics, automobile, agri-food, chemical, defence, electronics, energy, metallurgy, metal fabrication, mining and healthcare industries from our sites located in key industrial regions from coast to coast.
For over 100 years, Air Liquide Canada has offered its employees:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Recognition programs
- Numerous career development opportunities
- Innovative technological projects
What ALC Offers
Do you have strong analytical skills and enjoy problem solving? Are you strong with computer systems, numbers and enjoy planning? Do you want to be part of an environmentally responsible company whose ambition is to lead our industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability? If so, this role could be for you!
Air Liquide, Richmond, is seeking a Regional Asset Coordinator in our metal fabrication division. You will use your leadership skills to work closely your team, and the teams of Air Liquide while also growing your region, promoting safety, quality, awareness, and compliance with company policies and maximizing the impact of your actions on ensuring sufficient distribution of Air Liquide's assets (cylinders) throughout the region.
- Ensures asset management: Ensures best utilization of assets and monitors cylinder/product inventory at the regional level. Makes sure each regional location has the proper assets and product necessary to optimize customer service. Act as a key contact for inter office cylinder/product ordering for the Region. Works with Satellite coordinators to optimize inter office capacity and ensure customer requirements are met. Works with production to plan output schedules in accordance with daily needs and inventory levels. Responsible for Hub cylinder/product inventory. Ensures system is up to date with all cylinder/product inventories.
- Analyses business requirements: Understand the market (seasonality, new customers) and uses various internal sources of information: CPA, BO reports, turns analysis, excess on inventory, to be able to optimize the inventory of the region and request cylinders if needed.
- Sources required cylinders: Sources required cylinders in conjunction with CAMP (Cylinder Asset Management Program team) team and satellites to satisfy volume increase or new business via the CPA (Cylinder Profit Analysis). Ensures there is no shortage and ultimately manages to build 2 days worth of target inventory. Analyze excess inventory for a better optimization and repatriate the excess in the re-testcenters. Monitors all incoming and outgoing cylinders/product. Authorizes all cylinder movement.
- Optimizes, control and improves work processes: Works with satellite locations to ensure optimal use of cylinder assets. Provides necessary information to facilitate and improve production planning by working directly with the production teams to manage inbound and outbound cylinder movement and inventories. Participates in various asset management projects in order to identify cylinder reallocation possibilities.
- Analyses monthly cylinder / product inventories: Prepares a regular audit plan to reconcile cylinder usage, and product inventory optimization. Tracks all progress and prepares a monthly action plan.
- Act as the Key contact: Act as a key contact for all distributors and depots picking up at the HUB to ensure paperwork accuracy. Updates inventory viewer targets on a quarterly basis. Works with satellite locations to analyze the business requirements, enter and update any changes to cylinder and inventory targets. Supervises at the regional level the monthly inventory count (full, empty, out of service). Works with Supply Chain team to monitor and control COP assets and balances.
- Quality/Safety: Improves health and safety within the workplace. Actively promotes ALC’s safety objectives. Knows and respects all procedures indicated in ALC’s Quality Manual. Ensures that proper corrective and preventative actions are in place following customer complaints.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary diploma or bachelor's degree combined with relevant experience
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, pressurized systems, cryogenics.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Strong computer skills
Get IN with Air Liquide
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our job opportunities and to set up alerts, visit our Career page at: https://industry.airliquide.ca/careers
Want to stay in Air Liquide’s Talent Community? Keep up to date with new job postings and company news by following us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/3818/
Air Liquide Canada adheres to an employment equity program and strives to create a stimulating and open workplace that fosters fairness, respect and diversity.
Air Liquide has an extensive background check process which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background review, pre-employment medical with drug and alcohol testing, driver’s license and abstract review, reference checks and may include education verification.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent