Location: Ottawa, ON – Hybrid (3 days onsite and 2 days remote)
Duration: 6 Months with Possibilities to Convert
Schedule hours: Work 9AM – 5PM or 11AM to 7PM (EST hours)
- Good understanding of Active Directory and LDAP–based directories.
- RADIUS authentication and authorization traffic flow (IAS/NPS)
- Ability to analyze sniffer traces and be able to resolve routing and firewall issues.
- Networking skills like following but not limited to: TCPIP, knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, RIP) etc.
- Good knowledge of OS concepts, Microsoft certifications will be added advantage, MS Exchange or SharePoint
- Knowledge of virtual environments (VMWare or equivalent)
- Databases (MSSQL, Oracle or MySQL)
- Broad understanding of configuring SSL VPN devices using Checkpoint, Cisco ASA/VPN, Juniper or Sonic-wall
- MS Windows Server and Linux, MS IIS, MS ISA, TMG, or UAG, XML, .NET, SQL
- Ability to provide creative solutions and have a genuine interest in helping our customers and our partners succeed.
- 2-3 years of industry experience working in a customer support role, providing technical application support, troubleshooting and diagnostics in the area of network and data security products.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Occasionally provide after hours and weekend support of products on an on-call. The on-call function is shared across the entire team and proactively scheduled to allow conflicts to be resolved ahead of time and to ensure there ii no unnecessary burden on any particular engineer.
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Full-time
Contract length: 6 months
Pay: $19.00-$32.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Technical support: 3 years (required)
- Radius: 1 year (required)
- VPN configuration: 2 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Speak with the employer