Company Division: Nova Cannabis
Position: Customer Experience Representatives
Number of Vacancies: 8
Job Type: Part-time
Locations: Edmonton Region, Multiple Locations
We are all about enhancing life’s celebrations and having fun while we excel in our careers! As North America’s largest publicly traded retailer of adult beverages, we operate 240+ retail locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska. Our liquor store banners include Liquor Depot, Wine and Beyond, ACE Liquor, Solo Liquor, and Brown Jug. In May 2018, we changed our name to Alcanna Inc. The new name reflects the expansion of our business into two divisions: alcohol and cannabis.
About the Role
With new a store opening right around the corner, we are looking for experienced Customer Experience Representativeswho can handle curve balls like a champ. Not only will they be responsible for ensuring the store is in tip-top shape, but they’ll also become masters in everything cannabis and will be eager to share their new knowledge with our awesome customers. We’re looking for go-getters who love to meet new people and cultivate relationships and are excited to learn more about this up and coming industry.
Role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers upon entrance; engage in conversation and build a relationship to understand specific needs.
- Facilitate a welcoming and positive atmosphere for everyone in the store.
- Educate customers about cannabis products, strains and consumption methods.
Day to Day Operations
- Promote our culture and brand by participating in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other team members to generate sales.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge; staying up-to-date with industry legislation, trends and new products.
- Participate in routine store maintenance and ensure cleanliness is a priority.
- Complete customer transactions on the POS system and adhere to all cash and Loss Prevention procedures.
- Monitor inventory and re-stock product regularly.
- Comply with all OH&S (Occupational, Health, and Safety) policies and procedures.
- Support and promote Alcanna’s and AGLC’s (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission) social responsibility programs.
- Comply with Alcanna policies, standard operating procedures, and practices.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of retail and/or hospitality experience.
- Cannabis, liquor or healthcare experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or Post-Secondary education preferred.
- SellSafe Certification.
- Qualified Cannabis Worker Certification preferred.
- Must complete and pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Working knowledge of regulations as it pertains to selling cannabis in Alberta.
Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills; you have a positive attitude, are charismatic, and are very comfortable engaging with customers.
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem solve.
- Open minded and constantly identifying ways to improve.
- Passionate about creating a positive, memorable, and tailored experience for every customer.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a professional demeanor.
- Team player who is passionate about supporting the overall success of the business.
- Uphold ethics, confidentiality, and demonstrate a high level of discretion at all times.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
If you are excited about this dynamic leadership opportunity to join the growing retail cannabis industry and meet the criteria listed above, we want to hear from you! Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is selected, please apply early to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest in Alcanna; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Retail and/or Hospitality: 1 year (Required)
- Cannabis Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- SellSafe (Required)
- Qualified Cannabis Workers (Required)