Magnum is currently seeking experienced Material Planner / Expeditor to join our growing team!
- Competitive Compensation Package based on experience & qualifications
- Shift premiums & a variety of flexible shift options totaling 40 hours weekly
- Opportunities to generate overtime earnings
- Extended Health Care benefits (MSP coverage, prescription coverage, dental, orthodontic coverage (for dependent children), vision, long term disability, life insurance and many paramedical services)
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Magnum Paid Holidays (in addition to vacation time)
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- ITA Sponsorship & apprenticeship training program for applicable programs
- OSSE (Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence) certified work environment
- Employee Recognition Programs (Company-wide BBQ’s, employee referral bonus program, pizza lunch for safe working days)
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for sourcing price and availability of custom parts for the Service Division.
- Expedite deliveries of parts, materials, equipment and services for the Service Division.
- Plan the materials required for service divisional requirements.
- Review and reports price discrepancies with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure core products and credits are processed.
- Process over-counter sales and the return of products / materials as required.
- Organize and prepare material reports for the status of service jobs, ensuring that all aspects of the delivery and scope of items is covered and included.
- Ensure there is a logistics plan that will deliver to meet the required Service schedule.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Operations team to ensure service deadlines are met and that implications of changes such as delisted products are taken into consideration.
- Provide monthly forecasted material requirements to the Supply Chain team for VMI related materials.
- Coordinate with suppliers/operations/purchasing for packaging receipt issues, material defect reports and line trails for resolution.
- Proactively communicate with operations on any supply issues that may impact the schedule.
- Coordinate all inter-company materials shipments.
- Follow up with suppliers and scheduling when product is not received as planned to discuss shortfalls or overages.
- Escalate complex or routine supplier issues to Supply Chain department for resolution.
- Provide feedback as to why materials are not available or in an overage position.
- Work with scheduler, buyer and supplier to coordinate schedule changes.
- Source and negotiate the purchase of unique / custom materials for service jobs.
- Administer consumable products for employees as needed including but not limited to: safety supplies & PPE, lockers, uniforms / coveralls, etc.
- Utilize the Company’s ERP system to perform various procedural and administrative functions while adhering to Company standards and outlined work processes.
- Oversee, perform and assist with cycle counts of materials & parts as required.
- Ensure finished goods are entered into inventory and shipping goods are tracked accurately.
- Ensure that physical and system inventories are accurate, investigate any discrepancies, and take corrective action to resolve.
- Continually evaluate processes for ways to improve inventory management with the goal of maximizing warehouse space and service to the operation
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3+ years’ of experience in a Service and/or Parts environment
- Experience & hands on knowledge of Supply Chain practices and procedures.
- Post-secondary education in Logistics, Supply Chain, Parts / Warehousing or related field of study.
- APICS, CPIM, or PMAC Certification an asset but not required.
- Ability to communicate both verbal & written in the English language.
- Experience using an ERP system (Visual ERP experience preferred but not mandatory).
- Computer skills with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite & Intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Professional demeanour and superior customer service skills.
- Solid understanding of inventory management principals.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial impact of business decisions and controlled spending.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to evaluate material requirements, transactional discrepancies, and implement corrective action required.
- Good communication skills for coordinating when issues occur.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage a fluctuating workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both verbal & written in the English language
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc., founded in 1984, is a highly respected industry player within the heavy duty truck and trailer market that has a solid reputation for innovative design and exceptional customer service.
The company has three lines of business; trailer design and manufacture, truck accessories design and manufacture and a truck service operation. The majority of Magnum's revenues are generated from within Canada with the balance derived from the United States and Central America.
Our Culture: At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. The commitment of our employees is fundamental to our continued success and we are committed to continuously improving employee relations. By providing a fair work environment, encouraging innovation and teamwork, the employees and ownership will continue to share in the success of the company.
CONTACT & COMPANY INFORMATION
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc.
Head office address:
Unit #1 - 31632 Marshall Road
Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2T 6B1
If you are a qualified candidate for this position we encourage you to apply today! Candidates should submit a resume for consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only candidates who are qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time