Fujiya is a Japanese specialty foods business that has been in operation for nearly 50 years. A family-owned company with strong Japanese-Canadian roots, we import products straight from Japan and also prepare food such as sushi, bentos, donburis and more. Since opening the first store in Vancouver, we have grown to 4 locations in BC: Strathcona (Clark Drive), Downtown Vancouver, Richmond and Victoria.
As a Kitchen Helper, you are responsible for helping the sushi / bento / deli teams prepare food and do other kitchen duties (cleaning, dishwashing, organizing, customer service). Responsibilities based on specific role.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Physical abilities to carry out the required tasks
- Japanese fluency preferred but not required
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee store discount & free food
- You'll get to learn about Japanese food and culture - you may even learn some Japanese too!
To be discussed based on previous experience. Raise opportunities at 3 months and annually onwards.
Expected Start Date: 2021-09-27
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.20 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Night shift