Are you committed to ensuring positive and constructive working relationships with all levels of employees and union representatives? The driving mission of our Labour Relations (LR) Consultant is to help foster an environment of exceptional two-way communication, proactive problem solving, and a collaborative, partner-based approach.
The Consultant, Labour Relations (LR) works in the human resources (HR) team, and is accountable for providing leadership and subject matter expertise while ensuring the proactive and consistent management of issues with labour relations impact. The Consultant is a strategic partner to an assigned client group, promoting and fostering a consultative and proactive problem solving employee relations/labour relations approach and contributing to the overall strategic design and implementation of work processes that enable operational groups to achieve their business outcomes.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in collective agreement contract interpretation while acting as a strategic resource and liaison with the provincial employer bargaining associations.
- Coordinate and implement arbitration decisions and collective bargaining settlements with strategic partners and clients.
- Partner with HR colleagues and the Director, LR in grievance handling, negotiations with union representatives, labour management meetings, and the development and facilitation of training workshops.
- Play key role in the planning and development of new and changed LR policies and procedures that are aligned with PHSA strategic direction and business needs.
- Participate on leadership teams and in human resources special assignments, projects and events that have PHSA and Agency wide application.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field and seven (7) to ten (10) years progressively more senior experience in a labour relations focused HR positions.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting complex bargaining agreements and solid understanding of current labour relations practices and legislation.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to negotiate and persuade others combined with a history of building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills and the ability to facilitate the resolution of issues.
- A commitment to service and being a strategic HR business partner within a complex organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to mentor and engage others to ensure success in the workplace.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to mentor and engage others to ensure success in the workplace.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to work independently.
- Commitment to the value of continuous learning and an open curiosity for new ideas and innovation.
- Ability to use related equipment including HR information systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database and internet tools.
- This role supports operations at multiple sites in BC and travel will be required. *
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
Reference ID: 86053-1
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- Labor Relations: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19