York University is known for championing new ways of thinking that drive teaching and research excellence. Our 53,000 students receive the education they need to create big ideas that make an impact on the world. Meaningful and sometimes unexpected careers result from cross-discipline programming, innovative course design and diverse experiential learning opportunities. York students and graduates push limits, achieve goals and find solutions to the world's most pressing social challenges, empowered by a strong community that opens minds. York U is an internationally recognized research university â?? our 11 faculties and 24 research centres have partnerships with 200+ leading universities worldwide.The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for providing a wide range of strategic and operational HR generalist support. The incumbent will contribute and play a key role in workforce planning as part of the strategic planning process and in supporting the development of strategies to meet current and future human resources and operational requirements. As the first contact for HR related issues, the HRBP provides support on a range of HR functions including recruitment, job evaluation, employee relations support, legislative, policy and collective agreement compliance advice, performance management, health and safety and accommodations. The HRBP supports the vision, mission, values, and strategic direction of the University, and contributes to a positive and client-focused team environment of high performance, respect, trust, collaboration, and continuous improvement. The HRBP is a champion of the University's priorities of equity, diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and student success.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Completed Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Strong understanding of applicable employment related legislation.
- Knowledge of human resources theory and related practice, including job design and evaluation, recruitment and selection, labour and/or industrial relations, training and development, disability support and health and safety.
- Working knowledge of managing in a unionized environment and applying a collective agreement.
- Effective skill and knowledge in delivering HR services within the information technology environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet timelines.
- Ability to adapt to change, new ideas and practices.
- Skilled in maintaining attention to detail, reviewing and synthesizing information accurately and quickly, and recognizing opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to provide excellent service to the community and deal courteously and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong coaching, influencing, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills.
- Strong tact and diplomacy, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Works within a typical office environment (actual and/or virtual).Please note: this position requires the candidate to produce at the time of interview a verification of degree(s), credential(s) or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents.
York implemented a revised CPM Compensation Framework in 2019. The Framework is a salary grid consisting of 6 or 8 steps (depending on job grade) which is reviewed annually with possible adjustments, and a lump sum Performance Based Recognition Award. Employees will receive the grid adjustment and depending on performance, eligible permanent employees may move to the next step of the grid and may receive a lump sum Performance Based Recognition Award.Visit the CPM Compensation page on the HR Website to find out more about York's CPM Compensation Program.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.