CDC Contracting is hiring a Construction Surveyor in Concord, ON!
Do you have an advanced knowledge of tools and equipment and enjoy working as part of a great management team? Then this could be the job for you! This position will be a part of our operations field team to perform all survey layouts as well as assist the project management team.
Why you should work for CDC Contracting:
- Competitive Salary - Ranges from $60K - $80K+ per year depending on experience.
- All tools required for the job are provided; GPS equipment, laptop, phone, and truck for work purposes.
- Social Events (Christmas Party, team BBQ’s)
- Yearly competitions (NHL Playoff pool, Masters Golf Pool)
What you will do as the Construction Surveyor:
- Construction Layout & Staking.
- Prepare Grade/Cut Sheets for Supervisor and Foreman.
- Topographic & As-built Surveys.
- Managing the flow of data from field to office.
- Review engineering drawings using CAD programs and provide overlay drawings for potential conflicts if required.
- Complete assigned tasks to meet daily schedule quota.
- Understand production schedule and adjust daily work to meet schedule.
- Perform daily forecast of works to complete for specific projects.
- Read, understand, and interpret plans and check work according to specifications.
- Maintain a high level of safety and adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Advanced knowledge of tool and equipment (Topcon GPS, Base and Rover)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software and Carlson software or Civil 3D software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Professional, approachable, and problem solving oriented
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and within tight deadlines
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- High School Diploma or Post-secondary education in Engineering or Geomatics or Drafting or a combination of related education and experience
- 5+ years related experience in the construction industry
- 10+ years of experience in a Surveyor position
- Experience with civil underground (Sewer & Water Mains) & earthworks projects for residential subdivisions is required
- Experience with road and lot grading, engineered fill, SWM Pond work, and sloping is required
- Knowledge with Topcon GPS Base and Rover operation is required
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract are required
About CDC Contracting:
Established in 1972, CDC is a diverse General Contracting firm specializing in not only underground servicing, but also mass earthworks, road works, concrete works, stormwater management and snow removal. Having established an unmatched level of experience and expertise in the industry, we have committed ourselves to maintaining and improving standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company Car
- Company Events
- surveyor: 10 years (Preferred)
- related work in construction industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)