PROPOSALS MANAGER (Temporary Position – 6 Months Contract)
Department: Proposals and Program Management Office (PPMO)
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Status: Temporary Replacement – 6 Months Contracts
Date Posted: 02/07/2020
Are you interested in joining an organization that:
- Has over 30 years of experience providing innovative software simulation solutions in the Air
Traffic Management (ATM) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) fields?
- Provides products and services to governments, colleges and universities, and defense and civilian
ATC agencies worldwide?
- Offers a pay-for-performance compensation structure, tuition reimbursement, and access to various professional development opportunities?
- Has work/life balance programs in place and offers a holistic benefits package that is fully customizable based on your specific needs?
If this sounds interesting to you, continue reading about our job vacancy below.
The Proposals Manager oversees the delivery of Opportunity Pursue Requests (OPR’s). S/he gathers the solution strategy envisioned by the Business Development team and coordinates the effort of the cross- functional team to deliver a solution that meets customer expectations. S/he then delivers the consolidated proposal after it has been finalized. The Proposals Manager also supports ongoing contractual requirements, contract modifications and plus-ups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with members of the Business Development and Systems Management departments to establish win strategies, win themes, and key messages.
- Meets proposal deadlines by: o Establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval. o Entering and monitoring tracking data. o Coordinating requirements with contributors. o Providing proposal status information at review meetings. o Reviewing, editing and writing portions of the proposal. o Transmitting completed proposals to customers.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and by identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Assembles required proposal information which may include Technical Proposals, the Technical portion of Commercial Offers, System Layout Diagrams, Compliancy Matrices, Schedules, and
Intellectual Property Plans.
- Acts as a Point of Contact for customers and facilitates technical interchange meetings to get the information necessary to respond to OPR requests.
- Works with members of various departments to develop technical responses.
- Reviews proposals with key contributors and obtains executive team approval.
- Interfaces with executive steering committee during various gate reviews.
- Prepares for and supports color team and peer reviews.
- Serves as a member of the color teams and peer review teams.
- Reviews and interprets RFP’s, determines customer requirements and develops proposal outlines.
- Performs proposal process improvement by gathering historic data on proposals and periodically re-evaluating the processes, approaches and templates.
- Supports the transition to the Program Management team after contracts have been awarded.
- Ensures compliance with Adacel proposal processes, templates, checklists, standard write-ups, tools, best practices and proposal repository instructions and guidance.
- Maintains ISO compliance throughout the proposal process.
- Maintains records of all backup documentation needed to meet ISO audit requirements including pricing meeting results, OPR, pricing sheets, proposal assignment numbers, reviews, inputs and sign-offs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Contract Management, Engineering or a related field.
- 5 years of proposal writing experience, preferably in the simulation industry.
- Previous experience in a Sales environment and/or Project Management.
- Previous experience with technical effort and cost estimating.
- Previous experience managing various contract types
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and
Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the proposal development process.
- Extensive experience leading large complex and competitive bids.
- Understanding of bid and proposal costs and budgeting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent strategic planning, organization, decision making, leadership and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, deadline-oriented and willingness to work with a team.
- Ability to manage matrix staff with various skillsets.
- Ability to coordinate and manage team member work packages, leading to successful outcomes.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide responses to internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner.
- 8 years of proposal writing experience, preferably in the simulation industry.
- Knowledge of domain-specific topics such as software development, system integration, ATM, simulation, and speech recognition.
- Ensures compliance with RFP’s, RFI’s, Task Orders, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense
Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), and the Acquisition Management System (AMS).
- Bilingual in French and English.
Adacel Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, civil status, disability, ethnic origin, language, political convictions, pregnancy, race or color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, social condition or gender identity or expression.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- technical effort and cost estimating: 1 year (Required)
- leading large complex and competitive bids: 1 year (Required)
- previous sales or project management: 1 year (Required)
- Proposal Writing: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)