Start date March 10th, 2021.
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
What does an Administrative Assistant do?
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools like MS Excel and office equipment. If you have previous experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant, and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with staff to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Admin Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant is a plus
Ideally, candidates will have experience with:
Microsoft Office Suite
Gmail and Google Drive
Please note: We will not be training for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)