Purpose of the Job
- To plan, organize, direct and control the continuous evolution of the System Administration and Infrastructure Support services.
- Develop, implement and support IT solutions that support corporate business strategies at all North American offices and liaison with other global offices.
- Identify needs and improvements with regards to computer hardware/software, networks, telecom, telephony and security systems with department heads and users.
- Manage IT Infrastructure team.
- Mentor, guide, train and support staff; act as a coach for the team so as to ensure employee productivity.
- Maximize fixed asset investments through standardization, maintenance, and re-allocation. Ensure users have appropriate resources and are supported by reliable network systems.
- Ensure that systems are compliant with governments, other partners and clients.
- Set maintenance and multi-year project plans supporting the achievement of business objectives, in collaboration with business units.
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Ensure that software licensing laws are adhered to.
- Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack.
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Work with other Managers to ensure that Business Recovery Plans are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Revise software systems to accommodate number of users, transactional volume, and processing/operational requirements.
- Ensure the development and implementation of works systems and procedures designed to minimize losses and optimize the productivity of the department.
- Supervise incidents, problems, change management and projects to ensure the stability and reliability of the system and support services.
- Monitor and report on the completion of tasks / activities and ensure on time, on budget and quality delivery.
- Review the work flow within the department and establish the priorities.
- Manage vendor relationships and external partners.
- Conduct recruitment interviews with potential employees.
- Ensure proper performance metrics are used to guide and evaluate team and individual performance
- Ensure proper metrics are used to manage workload and resources (i.e. hardware performance statistics, error logs, bandwidth usage, number of type of help desk cases)
- Conduct performance evaluations and apply disciplinary measures as required.
- Provide IT training to end-users and clients.
- Identify training and development needs for the staff.
- Carry out special projects, as required
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing.
- Communicate with clients, staff and Managers to explain and provide system utilization support and statuses;
- Negotiate with third parties and vendor’s services, schedules and pricing.
- Supervise a staff of 4 employees: 2 System Administrators in Montreal, 1 System Administrator in China, 2 System Technician in Montreal
- Work with an outsourced Help Desk team of 2 in India.
- May have to manage outside Consultants to ensure that projects are completed effectively.
Physical Constraints and Working Conditions
- Mostly seated at a workstation in an open space
- Can be interrupted during the course of the day to do employee questions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5 years’ experience at a senior level.
- 2+ years’ experience managing global teams.
- Experienced dealing with global teams.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Ability to establish professional relationships at all levels.
- Solid ability to manage priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and change management skills.
- Dynamic, driven and motivated.
- Good problem solver and negotiator.
- Up-to-date on current technology.
- Familiar with cloud based systems and virtualization.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
IT Service Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.