Merchandise Financial Planning Specialist Job Description
The Merchandise Financial Planning Specialist role reports into the Senior Manager of Merchandise Planning and Allocation and is a key stakeholder in the day to day operation of the Merchandise Financial Planning processes. This opportunity exists for a very organized, detailed oriented individual who is focused, passionate about supporting planning teams and technically savvy when it comes to analyzing data. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the company financial planning system, the tasks and processes belonging to it including but not limited to: report generation, ad-hoc analysis, issue-resolution and general system up-keep. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual who will develop unbiased, holistic business insights and clearly articulate recommendations to help drive revenue growth and improve our customer experience.
Skills critical to this role:
Experience with retail merchandising forecasting and planning processes is required
Solid understanding and experience in financial accounting
Demonstrated experience working with Oracle Cloud, Excel (including macros), Smartview and Tableau
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Administer system maintenance to update location and product hierarchies by adding new members when required and to ensure aggregation is accurate at all levels.
- Seed and originate new plan years from either last year (LY) or last, last year (LLY) historical data
- Seeding B.O.Y. for plan year from last year or by manual input
- Obtain approval from Planning Managers and confirmation of planned metrics.
- I nitialize forecast for both product and location and seed from the approved plan
- Responsible for generating regular financial reports which will guide merchants through the financial outcomes, by running forecasting reports, budget vs actual analysis etc.
- Responsible for researching, communicating, publishing and maintaining merchandise planning and analysis reports for various levels of leadership
- Will be required to lock plans and forecasts following approval to prevent additional changes and edits to be made to the lock plans.
- Work with other departments (Finance, AP, Inventory Management) to validate and confirm MFP internal metrics and verify logic, calculations in system back-end when issue arise.
- Support users by planning, coordinating, and implementing application changes focused on improving processes and enhancing business growth
- Effectively document and communicate key assumptions and/or issues and issue resolutions related to all published demand plans and scenarios
- Account for promotions in weekly, monthly and annual forecasts
- Produce reporting to generate, run and analyze OTB, Plan, reports within the system and Excel for usage and/or using data within Tableau
- Perform ad-hoc analysis using Smartview-extension and generate ad-hoc analysis using set templates within the Excel add-on.
- Ensure the integrity, timeliness, and quality of reporting is to the best possible standard
- Maintain metadata, variables, workflows, process management, and rules as business requirements change, enterprise system and process design standards, and system documentation
Undergraduate degree in Business, Retail Management, Supply Chain or a related field
Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in supply chain with a focus on Merchandise Financial Planning
Merchandise Planning experience is required with a preferred focus leveraging Oracle Cloud, Excel Smartview and Tableau reporting.
Experience in the retail industry is required, (Pet Food, supplies and accessories experience is preferred)
Experience with processing, interpreting and analyzing data, creating reports and translating into strategic business recommendations
Experience collaborating across an organization with Merchandising, Marketing, Store Operations and Finance
Clear understanding of financial accounting and principles
Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence, exercise strong conceptual thinking skills – must be able to understand broad concepts, articulate linkages/gaps, and recommend tactics/strategies that enable a vision
Experience establishing key performance indicator metrics to benchmark and track performance.
Well organized and strong time management skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
Self-directed and motivated to independently accomplish results.
Viewed by clients/stakeholders as an emerging subject matter expert.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with and present to various teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
MS Office Advanced User knowledge – ability to manage data in Excel, write macros and advanced formula design
Candidates will be asked to complete testing to verify their qualifications
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those being considered will be contacted