We are looking for an in-home caregiver for a 58-year old female with Muscular Dystrophy. This is a one-year maternity leave cover-off, so a chance to try out the healthcare field without going to school for years. Normal hours are 9:45-3:00 five days per week with opportunity to work additional evening and/or weekend shifts. Great hours for someone with school-aged children. We live in the country so you will need to have reliable transportation and we have pets.
The work entails attending to health care and daily living needs, and includes, but is not limited to, transfer from bed to wheelchair, toileting, dressing, light housekeeping, etc. As well, you will be trained by a professional nurse educator on the use of various pieces of equipment for respiratory therapy, lifts, medication administration and other health care duties including Covid precautionary practices.
Qualifications: preference given to someone with a personal care aide credential, but we are willing to train a suitable candidate. You will need to be able to do some moderately heavy lifting, and be fluent in spoken and written English. Clear criminal record check and recent Covid test required.
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 2020-09-30
Expected Start Date: 2020-10-19
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $19.00-$24.00 per hour
We provide masks, gloves and hygiene supplies to protect against Covid-19 transmission.
- caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Assisting clients with housekeeping or other daily errands
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Maintaining clients' health equipment
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Assisting clients with rehabilitative exercises
- Providing support with academic, social or recreational activities