The Retail Store Manager is the key representation of both the retail location and Corporate in all facets of the business. The role consists of overseeing and assisting in execution of the daily retail operations including marketing, operations, productivity and sales. This role involves active involvement of the sales floor when not required to complete administrative tasks.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
1. Develop and maintain strong customer service skills and role model the same.
2. Maintain up to date knowledge of all products being sold in the store so that customers and staff can be educated, which will promote superior customer service.
3. Maintain confidentiality and privacy of company business and customer information.
4. Maintain an in depth knowledge of the POS system.
5. Oversee daily tills balances, double counting, skims, adequate coin and small bills.
6. Complete a weekly deposit on Mondays for the week prior.
7. Maintain organized filing of all Sales information.
8. Ensure inventory and supplies are ordered / purchased as needed.
9. Submit the cannabis order to the SNCC each week at designated time.
10. Receive the SNCC Order on the designated day each week, record and file documents accordingly.
11. Oversee and participate in regular inventory audits with the ICS staff.
12. Submit Monthly Reports to the SNCC by the 5th of the month for the previous month.
13. Ensure all issues get reported to the SNC/ SNCC as required.
14. Oversee the staff schedule, employee time and attendance verification and payroll.
15. Follow all policies and procedures, code of conduct and government legislations and ensure others do the same.
16. Promote the safe use of cannabis.
17. Oversee and contribute to the cleanliness and order of store.
18. Maintain a healthy and safe workplace at all times or take corrective action.
19. Completes a facility tour, security system and fire check commencing every shift, documents results in the Security Log and follows up on any concerns.
20. Assist with recruiting new employees as required.
21. Ensure Performance Appraisals are completed at the end of the Probationary Period and at the Annual Anniversary date thereafter.
22. Work co-operatively with others in a team orientated approach, addressing concerns or issues in a timely and professional manner.
23. Display a high level of ethics and integrity as a role model and leader, maintaining accountability to the customers and staff team.
24. Coordinate and relieve various positions for break and eating periods.
25. Participate in and assign training and professional development as required.
26. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
27. Check and respond to emails and voice mail daily.
28. Participate in and/or facilitates team meetings as required.
29. Participate in and/or facilitates monthly meeting with supervisor/supervisees.
30. Participate in and/or maintains awareness of cross function team participation of staff team.
31. Communicate in a professional manner at all times.
32. Utilize the problem-solving model to address any conflicts that may arise.
33. Utilize all internal communication forums to ensure all staff are given the information they need to execute their job with success.
34. Work cooperatively with and develops professional relationships with the SNC, SNCC, Licensed Producer reps, community members, neighbours etc…
35. Ensure all relevant correspondence is written professionally and approved prior to circulation.
Expected start date: 2021-11-22
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)