The Post-Harvest Associates will report into the Plant Manager (Master Grower) and will work with our production team in an indoor setting. The Post-Harvest Associate will be responsible for the day to day production and management of labor for optimal cannabis trimming, curing, drying and bulk packaging in an indoor growing facility. The Post-Harvest Associate plays a crucial part in the quality, compliance, and production scheduling of cannabis. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a greenhouse or large-scale cannabis growing environment, excellent people management skills and an eye for detail. The Post-Harvest Associate will exude passion for plants and the cannabis industry and will foster nurturing and healthy relationships with people and plants.
Sweetgrass is a 100,000 + sq. ft. cannabis production facility located in Strathcona County, Alberta and is regulated by the Cannabis Act (Canada) and its Regulations. Our Company offers a broad range of advancement opportunities for prospective employees and we are always looking for talented people who are interested in challenging work and continuous professional development.
- Take direction from Plant Specialist to help manage all aspects of cannabis curing and trimming whilst also assisting in crop setup to ensure production, harvest and curing schedules are met, processes and resources are optimized; collaborate with Plant Manager (MG) and Plant Specialist (AMG) to ensure all curing and trimming activities are completed on time for transfer and production;
- Keep accurate documentation and records for all curing, trimming, drying and packaging activity and record in ERP systems as appropriate, as well as assume responsibility for a portion of the monthly inventory counts (plant weights, processed weights, incentive weights);
- Follow production, packaging and curing schedules and communicate all variances and/or deviations to the Plant Manager (MG);
- Research and identify areas for cost reduction and improved efficiency in production processes; communicate findings to Plant Manager (MG);
- Collaborate with Post Harvest Specialist, Plant Manager (MG) and Plant Specialist (AMG) in plant supply and production inventory maintenance;
- Contribute to facility maintenance and cleanliness, safety and compliance; ensure all duties are performed in accordance with Health Canada Cannabis Regulations, WorkSafe, SOPs, and other requirements; and
- Other general labour duties as assigned by management.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture/Agriculture or related field
- Strong understanding of cultivation and production techniques, preferably under cannabis regulations
- Knowledge of plant anatomy, strains, pathogens and infections
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
You Are FOCUSSED AND SELF MOTIVATED, able to perform routine and redundant tasks;
You Are an EFFICIENT WORKER both independently and in team environments;
You Are a DETAIL ORIENTATED, with proficiency in accurate documentation and record keeping.
- 1-2 years’ experience in plant cultivation or horticulture required
- Experience with nutrient regimes preferred
- High School Diploma required; Associates/Degree in Horticulture strongly preferred;
- WHIMIS training preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
Sweetgrass is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time