Better Chemistry for a Better Future.
At Guardian Chemicals, we pride ourselves on being an innovative, purpose driven organization that is making a real impact on the people and the environment around us. We have ambitious growth goals and an energized team executing on our strategy every day. As an organization is only as strong as its people, it is important that each and every person not only share our core values but take ownership over their role and the impact that they have on the company. We strive to create a high trust, high performance, and fun work environment for all of our employees.
Our Core Values
Compassion - See the person behind the position.
Integrity - Always take the high road. We are proud of every decision.
Driven - purposeful, determined, relentless.
Gets It - Together we are better. We support each other through thick and thin.
Professional - Deliver best in class product – no shortcuts.
Problem Solver - Find the resources, find a way. Get it done.
If the idea of joining a high growth, family oriented, and purpose driven organization excites you, get in touch and join us on our journey!
To learn more, please visit http://www.guardianchem.ca
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for full cycle accounts receivables supporting Guardian Chemicals and its subsidiary business. This role includes but is not limited to: Maintaining the billing system, generating invoices and account statements, perform reconciliations, produce monthly financial and management reports, investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries, assist in general financial management and analysis, and general accounting duties. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will also provide Reception backup, Customer Service backup, and be tasked with streamlining processes.
What you will do
- Work independently as well as within a team, share information, and assist other
- Invoicing – prepare, mail, file, and submit various invoices online
- Month-end sales and commissions reports
- Prepare customer statements
- Month-end A/R reporting
- Update year-end A/R files
- Update warehouse transfers and consignment shipments
- Enroll/Remove Totes, Create Sales Order Loans and Loan Returns in order to track Totes in SAGE X3
- Provide support to Assistant Controller/Controller on various accounting tasks as needed
- Daily reconciliation of the ad novelties
- Complete customer credit references
- Assist reception and order entry desk daily taking calls and assisting customers. Provide backup for reception duties (e.g.: cash receipts), order entry (enter orders in SAGE X3)
- Support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Guardian Chemicals Inc. *Safety First, EH&S Awareness, follow QEHS programs including Quality and EHS Policies
What you will bring:
- Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong competent knowledge of accounting concepts, accounts receivable in particular
- Extreme attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to get multiple tasks done within a workday
- Ability to effectively manage and work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Positive driven attitude
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving, decision making and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and facilitate information sharing
- Excellent computer skills with a focus on SAGE X3 experience
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Efficient work habits
- Post secondary accounting education, finance, or business administration related field a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience preferred
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail identifying problems and inefficiencies, able to develop process improvements, to take accountability for the role, and have a dynamic personality.
Guardian Chemicals Inc. provides a competitive base salary, benefits program, RRSP and Pension plan, Bonus plan and the opportunity to work with an industry leader in the chemical industry.
We thank all those who apply but will only respond/contact applicants selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounts Receivables: 3 years (preferred)