Job title :
MAINTENANCE WORKER V
VICTORIAN HOSP OF KASLO
RELIEF FULL TIME
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Worker to join our dedicated and supportive team at the Victorian Hospital of Kaslo, BC.
The Maintenance Worker V performs trades duties approaching the journeyman level in one or a variety of trades areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations and supervises Maintenance Workers and other designated staff.
This is a relief full time position until the return of the incumbent.
Some typical duties of the position;
- Constructs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows by framing, applying and finishing materials such as drywall, wood paneling and floor coverings. Designs, constructs and repairs furniture, cabinets, desks, tables and shelves.
- Performs plastering, painting and decorating by selecting and applying a variety of paint, plaster and wall coverings, for both minor building renovations and general maintenance.
- Performs electrical and mechanical repair to equipment such as washers, dryers and plant equipment by replacing and/or repairing items such as drive units, electric motors, control valves, seals and bearings.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures and systems such as taps, sinks, and toilets by extending and/or changing water supply lines, waste lines and plumbing fittings.
- Supervises maintenance workers and other designated staff by performing duties such as directing, scheduling and coordinating work assignments related to construction and project work and evaluating employee performance; determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
- Maintains building integrity by performing maintenance to doors and windows and their related hardware including closures, hinges and security mechanisms. Performs lock maintenance by re-keying, re-pinning, code-cutting and key duplicating.
- Maintains materials and supplies pertinent to job/work area.
- Maintains applicable equipment and tools in safe working order by scheduled cleaning, adjustments and repairs. Makes necessary repairs by part replacement, welding and final testing.
- Performs other general maintenance and repair duties related to building, grounds and equipment in a variety of areas as required/assigned.
- Maintains log book of all activities, preventative maintenance work, test results, etc.
- Operates Interior Health vehicle to pickup, deliver and/or transport supplies, building materials, and/or equipment as required.
- Participates in departmental meetings, training sessions and quality assurance programs as required/directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned.
If you are motivated to be challenged professionally, this is the move for you. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to maximize your skills.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC Employer
Grade 10, plus four years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.