Our mission is to fight climate change. Mysa, the first smart thermostat for high voltage electric baseboard heating, has been saving energy usage, and costs, for thousands of homeowners. Through innovative technology, driving energy efficiency and conservation, our product is designed to help the world become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. Our desire is to rapidly expand our product line across various North American markets, while building a work environment and culture that brings out the best in our people.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and energetic UI/UX Designer to become a valuable member of our team. You will be responsible for enhancing the functionality, usability, and accessibility of our digital software in developing a user-centered product, and designing holistic, engaging experiences and interfaces.
What You Will Do:
- Develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, component libraries, prototypes and annotations
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards and site maps; adjust layouts based on received feedback
- Design user stories and journeys optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Prepare wireframes, mockups, style guides, and deliver prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality
- Communicate ideas effectively and work collaboratively with the team throughout the design process
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (ex: responsiveness)
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer, or in a similar role
- Degree/Diploma in a UI/UX/Design discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud Programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, InVision and other design and prototyping tools
- Proven success designing mobile and app experiences
- Demonstrated experience building, maintaining and iterating on user interfaces, UX workflows, and low to high fidelity prototypes
- Experience utilizing end-user feedback to iterate on interfaces and workflows
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present design solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities
At Mysa, we believe people are the heart of our business – and we appreciate each individual’s unique qualities and diverse experiences. So, if this role sounds exciting to you, and you fit most of the criteria, do not hesitate to apply - we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a cover letter and resume, identifying the job title “UI/UX Designer” in the subject line of your submission. Please note: Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of work and sample URLs.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Job Type: Full-time