At New Beginnings Rehabilitation, our goal is to assist clients with returning to an optimal level of independence under the direct supervision of a regulated health care professional. Our treatment plans and therapeutic interventions are practical and effective, taking into account the unique circumstances, abilities, and expectations of each client.
Rehabilitation Therapist (RT) in the Little Britain region. Current shifts available for Monday and Wednesday.
Description of Role:
Rehabilitation Therapist contract position in Little Britain, Kawartha Lakes, ON. Must be able to work independently and within the context of a full complement of rehabilitation professionals. Timely feedback and goal-oriented written documentation required. Familiarity with strategies to encourage participation required. Must employ a goal-oriented and client-centered approach.
All applicants should provide the following:
- Relevant and updated resume
- Valid Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Valid CPR and First Aid certificate a definite asset
- Valid Driver's License
In addition, ideal attributes include but are not limited to:
- Transportation expenses are reimbursed
- Enjoys outdoor activities
- Previous experience working as a Rehabilitation Therapist
- Minimum Bachelor's Education in a related field
- Minimum 2 years experience working with people who have sustained a traumatic brain injury
- Additional insurance for client transportation
- Overall competency in working under pressure
- Knowledge of home care services
- Proficient in written and oral communications
- Ability to speak a second language an asset
- Proficient in computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
How to apply:
Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below. We ask that you provide a telephone number or email address so that we may contact you.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $27.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Schedule
- Microsoft Word and Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rehabilitation Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)