SPARQ RETAIL is now looking for Budtenders for our growing group of retail locations in Peterborough, Ontario. Available positions are full-time and part-time with hours ranging from 17-35 hours weekly beginning in mid to late June 2021.
We are looking for individuals to act as the face of our brand who are interested in helping to overcome current stigmas and stereotypes surrounding recreational cannabis. Our Budtenders provide the link between the management team and our guests. We aim to offer a customer experience that is educational and exceeds expectations from initial contact with our store associates right through to the purchase of product.
We are never satisfied and are always looking for ways to improve the experience and products that we offer our guests. We look to our associates to help us make changes and suggest new ideas in order to stay on the leading edge of positive experiences in cannabis retail.
Successful candidates will be professional, trustworthy, enthusiastic and greet all customers in a warm and welcoming manner.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the management team with opening and closing the stores
- Welcoming guests in a warm and inviting manner
- Provide a personable, educational shopping experience that highlights our products as well as their responsible use
- Verify identification to ensure all guests in the store are over age 19
- Verify customer orders and ensure their accuracy
- Accurately process payment for guest orders using our Point Of Sale (POS) tablets
- Accurately process cash transactions
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness of cannabis displays
- Preforming inventory counts
- Maintain general knowledge of current government regulations regarding the retail sale of recreational cannabis to ensure compliance with the AGCO regulations for the sale of cannabis
- Comprehensive knowledge of the cannabis industry and the products the we offer (strains, flavour profiles, consumption methods etc).
- Participate in discussions with the management team to suggest areas of improvement and to provide feedback on processes
We are seeking candidates to join our team who are passionate and will provide the customer with an experience that is second to none. We will provide any required training as well as a supportive, inclusive environment so that we may grow together as a team.
- 3+ years retail experience
- CANNSELL certified or ability to become CANNSELL certified
- Health and safety certifications considered an asset
- Familiarity with COVA considered an asset
- A desire to grow within our growing company
- High levels of integrity and personal responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer / tablet knowledge
- A working knowledge of the retail cannabis industry products and trends is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Work well with others as part of a team
- Previous retail or dispensary experience is preferred
- Availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Understand federal, provincial, and municipal laws surrounding the industry as well as safety regulations
Per the AGCO requirements, all employees must pass a criminal background check and be 19 years of age or older.
SPARQ RETAIL is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for taking the time to apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
***Please submit a cover letter detailing any relevant experience along with resume via Indeed.
Expected start date: 2021-06-21
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- customer service: 2 years (required)
- CANNSELL License (preferred)