The Cross Border Transportation Manager (CBTM) is responsible for actively expanding Walmart Canada e-commerce business in cross border activities from strategy and order management to financial reconciliation, creating opportunities for merchants and consumers to sell and purchase across their borders. We are looking for a highly motivated Cross Border Transportation Manager to drive Merchants’ International sales with Walmart Canada e-commerce.
The individual will need to have an enquiring mind, a proactive nature, an interest in leading initiative, commercial acumen and a fascination for discovering insights into global transportation management activities, trends and business opportunities.
In order to be able to develop key metrics, strategy and actionable insights the individual will need to work with operations, merchandising, technology product, trade compliance, and finance teams to determine the key metrics, but also to outline proposals for improvement.
The Cross-Border Transportation Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Transportation for Walmart Canada e-commerce. The role will require that the individual drive and own:
1. Cross Border Transportation Strategy and Plan:
own and build the Walmart Canada e-commerce CBTM strategic and operational plans: Work closely with the Walmart Canada e-commerce cross-functional, Walmart Canada Logistics, Walmart Global Cross Border, and Walmart International teams to deliver a robust and coherent CBTM plan. Influence the organization to implement the various initiatives by collaborating with Country Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents in country, in technology product, in finance at local, regional and global levels. Drive implementation of the CBTM plan across the organization.
2. Cross Border Analytics and reporting:
Build, manage and review business cases and quantify the impact of the various CBTM initiatives and report on these to the organization. Work with the finance team to build effective tools to report on projects and financials
3. Cross Border Business Development:
support new business and revenue generation opportunities in partnership with merchants to expand global sales into Canada. Create, maintain and support key Cross Border partnerships, drive merchant enrollment through Partners by working with all Walmart Canada eCommerce departments to remove obstacles and optimize solutions. Ensure that each Partner successfully evangelizes and markets Walmart Canada eCommerce cross border solutions to their customer base and drives merchant enrolment. You will coordinate with the leadership teams within merchandising and operations on key priorities and execution plans.
4. Build and maintain Cross Border Network internal and external CBTM team: being part of global CBTM team and making sure we align our projects globally and bring projects successfully in other regions. Liaise with cross functional teams in San Bruno and European offices to leverage existing projects and to collaborate on new projects
Canada Walmart Division
Experienced in Domestic and Imports Transportation RFI, RFP and RFQ processes
Experienced in Transportation Contracts and Freight Terms
Experienced in Financial cost modeling – cost to serve management, freight bill payment & audit management
Experienced in Transportation routing, scheduling & load planning
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Experienced in Domestic and Import Transportation RFI, RFP and RFQ processes
- Experienced in (primarily) Canadian trade and customs compliance
- Experienced in Transportation Contracts and Freight Terms
- Experienced in Financial cost modeling – cost to serve management, freight bill payment & audit management
- Experienced in Transportation routing, scheduling & load planning
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.