Capstone Engineering Academy
Title: STEM Teacher
Status: Full-time, Part-time
Capstone Engineering Academy is a new private STEM education school in Calgary. We are an experiential learning school that youth can access in a classroom, and/or online from anywhere in the province of Alberta. Working at Capstone Engineering Academy means you will be part of one of the most unique STEM facilities in Canada. You will be teaching young students about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). You will thrive and provide excellence in teaching with hands-on projects.
Teach STEM for youth in Grades 1-12.
· Prepare course rubric, syllabus, unit plans and homework materials.
· Prepare lesson plans with clear objectives following Alberta curriculum standards.
· Comfortable teaching STEM for Grades 1-6 and CTF/CTS courses like Programming, Robotics, Electronics, Project Management, and CAD.
· Oversee curriculum and supervise students.
· Discuss students' progress and concerns with parents and school administrators.
· Prepare for and attend parent-teacher interviews and other functions.
· Conduct formal and informal assessments of students, including report cards, progress reports and marking.
· Take responsibility for the health, safety, well-being and happiness of young students, including first aid.
· Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect, and safety in all school environments.
· Create a positive rapport and guide students in participating successfully in all aspects of course activities.
· Assist in maintaining accurate school records including daily attendance; and
· Know, enforce, and model all safety guidelines and Code of Conduct associated with our school.
Required knowledge and skills:
· Comfortable using Zoom and familiar with different online tools for teaching and learning.
· Passion and curiosity about how things work, willingness to learn.
· High energy, self-starter.
· Ability to create a friendly environment for all students.
· Excellent people skills and friendly responsible service-oriented attitude.
· Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
· Able to problem solved effectively. Fluency in English.
· Ability to stand for extended period times, mobility to bend, twist, lift arms above head and travel distances (between lab and outside open spaces), lift up to 25 lbs.
· Able to travel to visit our schools throughout the province.
Other Required Qualifications:
· Alberta Teacher Certificate
· Strong background in STEM
· Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Verification checks
· Canadian citizen, permanent resident and legally entitled to work in Canada
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person