We are a boutique law firm specializing in immigration and citizenship law. Our lawyers are licensed to practice law in both Canada and the United States. We currently have one position available for a bright and hardworking Legal Administrative Assistant. This is a rewarding, collegial, and fast paced work environment.
The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of one year of Canadian or U.S. immigration experience. Experience with both Canadian and U.S. immigration would be an asset.
The successful candidate must have the following competencies:
- Minimum one year of Canadian or U.S. immigration experience.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn and utilize various software programs utilized by the Firm.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Legal Assistant diploma/certificate.
- Proficient computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- In-depth knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with complex legal matters in the areas of Canadian and U.S. immigration.
- Preparing and processing immigration application forms (paper and online), maintaining case correspondence, and updating files.
- Client File Management & Practice Activities, including process file opening, maintaining and closing of files;
- Contacting USCIS, CBP, IRCC and other government agencies with respect to client matters.
- Scheduling appointments/meetings.
- Inputting reminders and saving correspondence.
- Organizing and assembling application packages.
- Obtaining government filing fee payments.
- Arranging document delivery and couriers.
- Corresponding with clients about routine matters and case updates.
- Performing other legal administrative tasks as required.
We offer group benefits, salary, and monthly bonus to commensurate with experience.
We appreciate hearing from all applicants, however, only those individuals who match our specific requirements will be contacted. No telephone calls or fax please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Legal administrative in immigration field: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person