The Occupational Therapist, under the direction of the Manager of Clinical Practice, is responsible for completion of professional activities that include: assessment, treatment, education, and management of patients requiring Occupational Therapy intervention in accordance with professional standards.
- The assessment of clients with subsequent establishment and ongoing evaluation and revision of treatment programs, including goals and discharge plans.
- Communication of clinical recommendations to patients/care providers and provision of education regarding treatment strategies as needed.
- Maintaining current accurate clinical records according to standards set by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario utilizing Patient Care System which shall include the documentation of assessment results, therapy goals and care plans, treatment, client progress and discharge plans.
- Collaboration with other members of the health team as needed.
For patients assigned to Rehabilitation Assistants (RAs), the OT will be responsible for:
- The assignment of therapy care plans to the RA and the requisite supervision of RAs.
- Maintain active standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested
Part-Time and Casual available - excellent as an adjunct to a current full or part-time position.
Masters Degree or recognized equivalent in Occupational Therapy. Registered and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Experience with in-home assessments and treatments would be an asset.
This position is an Independent Contractor position which requires a valid Driver's License and use of a car. The OT services are provided in the home environment of the patients referred to Bayshore from the Local Health Integration Network.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to Judy Westfall email@example.com or apply online.