CancerCare Manitoba located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. We invite applications for the position of:
Administrative Officer Department of Radiation Oncology - McCharles
Term, Full-Time (1.0 EFT)
Start date TBA - August 7, 2020 (MLOA – may expire with two weeks’ notice)
Competition #: 115-19- 713505515
The Administrative Officer reports and provides senior administrative support to the Radiation Oncology Department Head. The incumbent will organize and prioritize the administrative activities for Senior Directors/Managers/Leads ensuring all the work is completed within established time frames. General duties include, but are not limited to: analytical, organizational and communications support to the Radiation Oncology Department implementation activities within the portfolio, identifying time management issues, follow up on requests made to leader subordinates or colleagues, final document preparation, electronic and paper filing, arranging meetings managing time schedules, and organization within the office. The incumbent will support the Leader and the necessary communications with their internal and external networks within the provision of Health Care Services. In addition, the Administrative Officer will coordinate and prepare business/financial plans, maintain statistical reports for internal and external purposes, research and provide analytical and meeting support to groups associated with related project with minimal direction. Supervision of staff may be required, which includes direction to junior staff (permanent, temporary, or casual), work load delegation, on-the-job training, monitoring procedures, deadlines and performance as required.
- Completion of High School Diploma
- Successful completion of a recognized administrative training program or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Five years’ directly related experience supporting and intermediate/senior level leader
- Three years supervisory/leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize, sign, and supervise the work of junior employees
- Ability to compose correspondence on behalf of Senior Directors/Managers/Leads
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meeting and travel arrangements
- Experience recording and preparing minutes and agendas
- Experience maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently interfacing with highly skilled professionals in a team environment and provide leadership in work activities
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Must have a satisfactory employment record
Will be assessed during the interview process:
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Will be assessed during the interview process: __
- Written composition exercise
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Experience in a complex healthcare environment
- College or undergraduate education
- Ability to speak French
Salary: Out of Scope
Please submit a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this position along with a current resume which references the Competition Number 115-19- 713505515
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Closing Date: May 23, 2019
We thank all that apply and advise that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Administrative support to a intermiediate/senior level leade: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory/leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative training program (Required)
- grade 12 (Required)