Saugeen Shores Child Care Centre is going to serve the growing demand for superior quality Pre School Education. We are dedicated to providing the best possible foundation to inspire children for a lifetime of learning and achievement. Together, we offer an environment where students enjoy music, drama, arts, sports, creative activities, family-style dining, as well as free and structured play.
We are looking for a passionate and caring Early Childhood Education Assistant to join our fast-growing team. This person must be very well organized, self-motivated, patient, proactive, compassionate towards children, and must be eager to teach and help students learn.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling all Early Childhood Education Assistant duties including, but not limited to:
- Assist the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Teacher in planning and implementing the daily and weekly program plan
- Working collaboratively with teachers and assistants to plan, develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the intellectual, emotional, and physical development of children
- Assisting children in activities by reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments and preparing craft materials
- Assisting the ECE Teachers in observing, monitoring and assessing the pupils progress while discussing progress or concerns related to children with the teacher
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with various community partners
- Maintaining a healthy physical, emotional and social environment conducive to learning
- Maintaining and completing developmental checklists as required
- Encouraging parental involvement through regular communications
- Assisting teachers in supervising the students at all program times
- Accompanying the students on field trips
- Maintaining classroom upkeep including the organization of materials, classroom visual displays, bulletin/announcement boards, etc.
- Helping children with washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities
- Providing supervision and age appropriate programming for groups of students enrolled in after or before school care programs
- Ensuring the safety and well being of children at all times
- Attending staff meetings, professional development activities, open houses, and parent-teacher interviews as required
- Ensuring that all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial and municipal governments are being met at all times
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Must have an Early Childhood Education Assistant diploma
- Knowledge of the Child Care & Early Years Act is considered an asset
- Must have a minimum of one year experience as an Early Childhood Education Assistant
- Must have a valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with children
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Remuneration will be based on experience. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time