As the face of the Law Association and the Law Library, the successful Candidate’s duties will include:
· Communicate with and assist clientele as a front-line representative of the organization;
· Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, and preparation of routine correspondence;
· Providing administrative support related to Association events;
· Handle requests and questions from members in a timely and appropriate manner;
· Retrieve case law, articles and legislation using both print and electronic resources;
· Record serial titles and process new books for labeling and cataloguing;
· File loose-leaf materials and re-shelve borrowed resources;
· Provide data entry and perform administrative tasks to assist with the maintenance of the collection and other database records;
· Ordering supplies and materials;
· Update the Associations social media platforms;
· Carry-out all bookkeeping tasks using Simply Accounting and Quickbooks Online;
· Evaluate and negotiate purchasing and licensing agreements as well as the organization and administration of contracts;
· Arranging CPD and meetings as required;
· and other duties as assigned by the Association.
· Library Technician Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required;
· Ability to multitask and work independently;
· Problem-solving skills;
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to work accurately and efficiently;
· Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office;
· Knowledge of database applications, catalogue and Internet searching;
· Knowledge and skills in the use of social media;
· Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle;
· Previous experience in a law library setting would be considered an asset.
This is a one year part-time contract position (maternity leave coverage) with 20 hours per week.
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than May 29, 2020.
Application deadline: 2020-05-29
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Library: 1 year (Preferred)