Canadian College of English Language offers courses in Vancouver for ESL, IELTS, TOEFL, Business English and English for Academic Purposes.
Smrt English - Smrt- is a blended web-based curriculum development company. Our curricula are being sold to universities, colleges, high schools, elementary schools and governments around the world. Smrt English started as a product developed and seeded by the Canadian College of English Language to boost student learning and enrollments. After requests from offshore universities, Smrt English launched a globally accessible platform in 2013.
We are looking for a Curriculum Developer to rebuild 2 English courses on the Smrt platform, English 125 (IELTS 5.0 - 5.5) and English 130 (IELTS 5.5 - 6.0). The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the Academic Director.
You are resourceful, flexible, adaptable and enjoy working in a team.
- Plan, develop and manage English 125/130 to completion.
- Build the course outlines with the Academic Director.
- Build the units, lessons and exercises using the templates.
- Build the course assessments (quizzes and exams).
- Gain a deep understanding of how Smrt works in the classroom through training and classroom visits.
- Work closely with the team at CCEL and Smrt during the design phase of building the courses.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline, preferably in Education, English, or Social Sciences
- TESL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting (overseas experience an asset)
Skills and attributes
- Teaching experience - preferably ESL
- Strong ethics and organizational skills
- Ability to learn web applications quickly
- Proficient in using a computer (Word processing, basic formatting/design)
- Knowledgeable about online teaching resources (Ted Talks, Quizlet...)
- Excited about new methods of teaching and EdTech
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- Amazing work location and opportunity to make an impact
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
Job Type: Full-time