We are always looking for the right misfits for our island. If you are a dedicated, hardworking, fun-loving, idea-generating blazer of trails and celebrator of all things quirky, please fill out the form below to be considered for as an addition to our Front of House management team.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Taproom Floor Manager.
Working directly with/overseeing the current Front of House Team, you will be responsible for setting up the shift for success and ending the shift by setting up the next team for the same (or more success). You will be a key-holder and fully responsible for the safety of the on-site team, the patrons, and the facility.
After safety, the priority at Good Robot is the guest experience. We try to excite our guests and make them feel extra special, and your role will require you to inspire that mentality into your teammates each shift.
The shift will start earlier than your teammates to get setup for their arrival and catch up on key company notes. On closing shifts, you and your evening team will take over for day-shift and your team will perform closing duties together, setting up for tomorrow's success.
- Managing a team of 1-6 staff members
- The point of contact for Alcohol and Gaming Officers
- Focusing on continuously elevating the guest experience
- Contributing to cleaning, opening, and closing activities
- Cash reconciliation each shift
- Reporting on the shift to the GM
- Ensure guests feel valued and cared for
- Inventory management
- Set a positive example for the team each day
- Being a welcoming individual to all of our patrons
- Function as a strong part of the customer service team (we live by the 1 team, 1 dream mentality)
- Be knowledgeable of our beer and food menu
- Communicate clearly with your teammates and the Back of House staff
- Provide a positive and memorable experience for our guests
- Foster an environment of inclusivity and support
- Subscribe to Good Robot's Brand and Values including our Harassment & Discrimination Code of Conduct
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, and Women/Trans folk in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application IF you are comfortable doing so.
Here at Good Robot we believe in a healthy life and with that includes looking after ourselves and one another. As such, our company provides the opportunity to become part of our benefits plan for health & wellness benefits for successful candidates pending they work enough hours weekly.
ABOUT GOOD ROBOT
Good Robot was founded by three friends who quit their careers to live and work together as they did in school. We celebrate camaraderie which is at the heart of everything we do. And, like the founders, we are misfits - quirky, eccentric oddballs who left careers in which we felt we didn’t belong to create a community in which we do.
The vision of Good Robot is:
“To be the curators of our communities’ quirky beer experiences.”
Our vision and values were discovered by our entire team. We agreed that in everything we do, we are:
- Good-willed: hospitable, kind, generous, and good-natured towards each other, our guests, our partners and our communities
- Deliberate: acting with intent and considerate of the impact it causes
- Trailblazing: setting trends rather than following them (zigging when our industry zags)
- Quirky: not off-putting, but deliberately eccentric, fun and different
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.50-$37.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Please describe your Shift Manager experience, in detail.
- Why do you want to work with Good Robot?
- Who is your favourite Disney villain and why?
- [Optional] If you are a member of one of the equity groups discussed at the beginning of this application, you are encouraged to self-identify here IF you are comfortable doing so.
- Ability to commute to Robie St, Halifax NS.
- Floor/Shift Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Serving or Bartending: 4 years (preferred)