This job is located in Marathon, Ontario and please only apply if you are willing to locate.
The Regional Manager is an active contributing member of the Management Leadership Team and reports directly to the Executive Director. The role of the Regional Manager is to provide direction, leadership and supervision of staff in the district area offices located in Manitouwadge, Marathon and Schreiber.
The Regional Manager has the authority, accountability and responsibility to plan, develop, manage, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of services within the treatment philosophy of the Agency’s Service Delivery Model.
The Regional Manager is directly accountable for clinical and administrative supervision, quality of services, and for monitoring and maintaining professional mental health/addiction practice in accordance with established standards; evidence-based best practices and policy, and funding agreements.
The Regional Manager will work with diverse community partners to establish and nurture inclusive collaboration that best supports seamless service and access to community-based mental health/addiction services.
Minimum five (5) + years recent experience with strong clinical background.
Minimum three (3) + years of demonstrated management experience .
Managing Multiple and Competing Demands Partnerships
Client-Centered Minded Creative and Innovative Thinker
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
1. MSW or Clinical MA is an asset but will consider BSW with extensive clinical and management experience
2. Registered with an appropriate Professional Discipline College within the Province of Ontario
3. Five (5) plus years recent experience with strong clinical background within respective area of specialty
4. Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated management experience with preference given to those with additional experience in the provision of supervision, coordination or management of a program
5. Highly skilled with various computer programs, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office
6. Knowledge of client information management software including, but not limited to: TREAT, Emware, Catalyst/DATIS
7. Knowledge and experience with current assessments and tools used in adult, children and youth mental health and addictions sector an asset
8. Comfortable working with different technology and troubleshooting when needed
9. Knowledge and experience managing within a unionized environment
10. Working knowledge or direct experience with the administrative and budgetary functions of program management
11. Highly organized and able to multi-task several competing priorities
12. Training and/or experience in research, evidence-based program evaluation, and quality improvement initiatives
13. Knowledge and understanding of community issues and/or challenges within and across the District is an asset
14. Knowledgeable of appropriate legislation and PHIPA
15. A valid Driver's Licence and use of a privately owned vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage is required.
16. French language considered an asset
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: MANAGEMENT:
1. Participate as a collaborating member of the Management Leadership Team in planning, setting Agency/program goals, objectives, priorities and quality assurance and improvement reviews
2. Represent Agency on Regional and Ministry committees at the request of Executive Director
3. Ensure appropriate liaison between community service partners and monitor the Agency’s responsibility to meet community needs for mental health/addiction services
4. Support efficient accountability of existing protocols and agreements
5. With support and guidance of Executive Director, respond to concerns/complaints from clients/communities
6. Ensure documentation for serious occurrences are completed and submitted to the Executive Director and Ministry as required.
7. Inform and participate in Agency decision-making processes by providing reports, current statistics, recommendations and information.
8. Oversee implementation of, and access to, relevant data for management, supervision, and reporting purposes.
9. Support Executive Director with implementation of Board approved strategic directions
10. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
SUPERVISION and CLINICAL SERVICES:
1. Establish and monitor high standards of clinical practice and service delivery to clients.
2. Ensure consistency of communication, service practices and system utilization across the District by working closely and collaboratively with contracted Clinical Consultants
3. Create a coordinated travel schedule for on-site visits to assigned regional offices
4. Co-facilitate regular audit reviews of clinical records as per policy with results submitted to Executive Director for review
5. Monitor and ensure direct service hours and other reportable data is up to date regarding the delivery of clinical service and are consistent with funder’s accountability agreements
6. Coordinate and lead regular meetings with program staff
7. Ensure that appropriate clinical/administrative supervision is provided.
8. Ensure supervisory coverage among Regional Managers during manager absences.
9. Relay interpretations and instruction on the intent of various policies, Acts, regulations, standards and procedures.
10. Contribute to the development of an annual Agency Training Plan.
11. Establish and communicate performance expectations; evaluate staff performance during probationary period and on an annual basis.
12. Provide first step of conflict resolution stage for clients.
13. Monitor and manage caseloads, direct service hours, presenting trends and overall morale and personal health.
14. Supervise, train, support and facilitate orientation of new staff.
CO-ORDINATION and LEADERSHIP:
1. Lead by example
2. Provide leadership to create and maintain well-motivated, competent multi-disciplinary Teams.
3. Manage an effective intake system, including waitlist management.
4. Develop an appropriate liaison/referral system with partnering agencies.
5. Ensure delivery of program services is consistent with Agency Service Delivery Model.
6. Provide proactive leadership in coordinating the delivery of program services with other community programs, when and where appropriate.
7. Coordinate service delivery and use of integrated case management with appropriate systems.
8. Support Executive Director’s process of liaising and coordinating with appropriate ministries in meeting overall goals and expectations of funders.
9. Support program evaluation and evidenced-based practices.
10. Ensure compliance with appropriate accreditation standards.
11. Active participation in network service tables as directed by Executive Director.
1. Submit monthly statistical and narrative reports for Board of Director meetings.
2. Preparation and submission of funding related quarterly reports.
3. Oversee implementation of, and access to, relevant data for management, supervision, and reporting purposes.
4. Participate in the preparation and management of funding.
5. Responsible to communicate and support directives from Executive Director and Board of Directors.
1. Participate in the assessment, planning and delivery of community mental health/addiction prevention, education and targeted initiatives to agencies, service providers and related groups.
2. Assist Executive Director in acquiring feedback from community.
1. Familiarize and comply with the Agency’s policies, procedures, standards, legislation, and remain open to the challenge of examining positive changes.
2. Create an annual professional development learning plan.
3. Meet with Executive Director for supervision and guidance as agreed upon.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY & ANNUAL POLICY REVIEWS:
1. Review and keep current with Agency policies and procedures.
2. Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to for personal safety and safety of others.
3. Report any equipment or safety problems.. Maintain updated knowledge of OHSA, 2010, including Bill 168 and Annual Risk Management Plan. Approved: Executive Director October 2015
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $73,000.00-$87,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Social Work: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Social Work and or Psychotherapy (Required)