WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training and managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager position.
- Stand for long periods of time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.75-$18.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON L4M 4Z8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- retail management: 1 year (preferred)