Since our inception in 1982, DiGregorio Group of Companies has evolved into a comprehensive and multifaceted general contracting, construction, property holding and management company. DiGregorio Group of Companies headquarters are located in Bolton. The group is comprised of several entities including: Dig-Con International Ltd., Dig-Con Concrete Ltd., M.J.J.J. Developments Inc., Estateview Homes, DiGregorio International Paving and Construction Ltd. and DiGregorio Investments Ltd.
DiGregorio Group offers services such as complete construction services, asphalt, paving, concrete works, water main, storm and sewer, landscaping services, bridges, commercial and residential building developments. Dig-Con’s multi-national property management division services properties throughout Ontario, Florida, U.S.A. and Aruba.
Caledon, Sites across Greater Toronto Area
- Oversee administration of construction projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Develop and manage project plan to meet satisfactory completion of work, project milestones and schedule adherence.
- Consult with owners, managers, sub-contractors and consultants to resolve day-to-day construction/design issues
- Advise owners and manager of perceived changes in the contract conditions and/or the proposed scope of work and generate estimates for such changes.
- Coordinate resources for the project site (i.e. equipment, products, tools, deliveries).
- Prepare and obtain competitive prices for all purchase orders and subcontractor agreements for the project
- Review contract documents, contract drawings, specifications, addendum, geotechnical information and specifications to maintain familiarity with assigned projects. Be able to assess the project needs, the major milestones and constraints.
- Assist in the development and delivery of all bids and projects, ensuring pre-qualification questionnaires and all tender documents are completed.
- Draft and review bid submission content and ensure all bids are submitted on time and compliant with requirements.
- Ensure proposals are formatted and comply with tender guidelines, requirements and follow internal quality guidelines.
- Coordinate the production of information packs for mobilization/operational team handovers to include all aspects of the operational solution and liaison on all key matters on the contract.
- Acquire and file all necessary permits, approvals and notices. Prepare and review all progress payment applications. Submit application for substantial completion and ensure publication in accordance with the applicable lien legislation
- Maintain and prepare reports including submittals, change orders, RFQ/RFI, third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns and causes for delay.
- Review all invoices for materials and services that are supplied to the project to ensure that they are accurate and consistent with the purchase orders and/or the subcontract documents.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and trade unions, their agreements and stipulation.
- Thorough understanding of design standards, Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications/Standard Drawings (OPSS/OPSD’s), and methods and materials
- Generate GPS reporting logs for fleet vehicles
- Any and all other responsibilities that may be deemed necessary from time to time
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in project management or contract administration or municipal environment.
- Degree and/or Diploma in project management quantity surveying, or a recognized business program
- Degree and/or Diploma in Civil Engineering is considered an asset
- Strong project management skills combined with experience in roadway, tunnel, sewer and site design, municipal infrastructure projects, stormwater management and environmental assessments and report writing.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, codes, and other material pertinent to construction.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of roadworks, storm water management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and water distribution systems.
- Knowledge of Ontario Health and Safety (OH&S) legislation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of building products, trades, construction details, relevant regulations and quality standards.
- Must have exceptional leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines;
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency utilizing Microsoft products (Project, Excel, Word and Outlook), and other software programs (Bluebeam and WBCMS) are compulsory.
- Other valid certifications are considered an asset (i.e. Standard First Aid/CPR Training, licenses, working at heights).
Application deadline: 2020-06-30
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Contract Administration: 2 years (Required)