Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region is currently seeking a part-time ReStore Sales Associate to work towards a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. Established in 2002, Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region is a non-profit housing organization that brings communities together to help families build strength, stability, and independence through affordable homeownership. Through volunteer labour and donations of money and materials, Habitat builds houses in partnership with homeowner families. To learn more about Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region, please visit www.habitatpkr.ca.
The Habitat ReStore is a social enterprise proudly owned and operated by Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region that works to build strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. The ReStore Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service, processing all daily transactions and supporting the day-to-day operations of the ReStore.
This position requires the ability to manage, communicate to and assist a variety of staff and volunteer positions as well as multi-task a diverse and complex number of tasks with speed, accuracy, discretion and clarity, while maintaining a focus on the mission of the organization always.
- Works daily to ensure all sales are maximized
- Provides excellent customer service
- Performs cash and credit transactions as well as daily reconciliations
- Assists in answering and directing phone calls
- Assists in displaying merchandise on sales floor
- Assists with accepting donations and loading them into the receiving area
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Assists with pricing and cleaning products
- Ability to Lead a team of Donation Ambassadors & Volunteers
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing personality
- A minimum of 2 years cash handling and customer service experience
- Detail oriented, precise and organized
- Knowledge of home building/renovation supplies
- Ability to work with Staff and Volunteers
- Superior people skills (You are a Habitat Ambassador!)
- An eye for quality is a must
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends
- Experience with inventory and computer systems
- A Criminal background check will be required
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.00-$16.00 per hour
All staff and customers are required to wear a mask while in the store.
All surfaces and commonly used items are sanitized regularly.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)