Reporting to the Director, Integrated Children’s Services is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of a comprehensive Emergency Management Program for the Social Services Branch, under the Region’s corporate and Department Emergency Plan, to ensure that the Branch complies with applicable legislation and maintains a state of operational readiness in the event of power outages, life safety system disruptions/failures, natural or human-caused emergencies, etc.; developing plans, updates and communication guidelines and recommendations for the prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery phases of the emergencies; planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating training and exercises as well as any incident response, in accordance with the standards and protocols and applicable statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Successful completion of a University degree in Social Science, Business Administration or a related discipline, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in emergency planning or operational contingency planning or project management and program development.
- Experience and/or training in emergency planning, response and exercises, and business continuity planning.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
How to Apply
Please apply online by April 13, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$88,617 to $100,415 annually. This is a Non-Union position.