Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
At Linde, every day is an opportunity: an opportunity to learn, to grow, to share success and to contribute to one of the world’s leading industrial gas and engineering companies. Seize the opportunity: take your next step with us and join our team.
Plant Manager (Full-Time) Mississauga, ON
The Plant Manager will be responsible for running the daily operations and assisting in the areas of service, production, manufacturing and/or maintenance to ensure the required business objectives are met in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
The Plant Manager will also be responsible for supervising production employees and operational performance; meeting established quality, productivity and cost objectives while ensuring adherence to safety and compliance programs and leads training and compliance initiatives for the plant operations.
- Provide leadership and direction for day-to-day operation over a team of production employees to meet demand of both external and internal customers.
- Coordinate production to meet daily customer requirements.
- Lead reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs.
- Ensure team is fully trained in, committed to, and conduct their activities in accordance with all aspects of Linde Safety and Operations systems and requirements.
- Monitor production/manpower levels within area of responsibility to ensure continued efficiency and reliability.
- Identify issues and lead improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc.
- Manage and escalate equipment and system issues.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies and critical parts.
- Handles routine personnel issues including training, coaching and counseling subordinates.
- Bachelor Degree or College Diploma in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in an industrial plant environment required.
- 3+ years managing and developing employees required.
- Maintenance experience and/or experience with electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems preferred.
- Previous plant and/or industrial gas experience a plus.
- Proficient in English
Linde has an extensive background check process which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background review, pre-employment medical, reference checks, and employment verification.
Linde Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.