What is a Customer Account Manager (CAM)?
At Advance Auto Parts, a Customer Account Manager (CAM) sells or oversees the selling of automotive products for repair or distribution to automotive repair shops and other commercial businesses. The CAM must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our customers succeed, and growing the business and profitability with integrity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with District Leaders, General Managers and other key personnel to achieve all agreed upon goals for assigned accounts
- Implement new Commercial Sales programs, as well as support current programs
- Visit assigned accounts, making sales calls and developing approaches that best position products, services, or ideas; identify and meet the needs of commercial customers. Maintain database of account sales call activity, etc.
- Proactively communicate with Store Team on a regular basis to ensure that customer expectations concerning product availability, accuracy, and delivery timelines are realistic and being met
- Provide feedback and input to business partners regarding competitive information, merchandising suggestions, and other services to strengthen the market position of the company
- Partner in the development and retention of Commercial Parts Pros to support the Advance plan for internal growth and career opportunities
- Demonstrate an eagerness to be a team player and assist in other functions as assigned by Region and Area leaders and as needed.
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a CAM
- Working knowledge of Advance products and services and the ability to market those products and services to meet customer need
- Working knowledge of the APAL system, including Inventory Management and processing of Commercial account paperwork
- Working knowledge of automotive systems and traditional automotive aftermarket
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and upper management
- Strong presentation and verbal and written communications skills, including ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals
- Use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel required – PowerPoint preferred)
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, sales increases, and gross profit percent
- Ability to review and analyze business reports, such as profit and loss statement (P&L)
- Think strategically, analyze issues and options, and effectively manage and facilitate change
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally
Prior Experiences that Set a CAM up for Success
- Proven sales track record with 3-5 years related selling experience.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- selling: 2 years (Preferred)