Agropur Cooperative is a North American dairy industry leader founded in 1938. With sales of $7.3 billion in 2019, the Cooperative is a source of pride to the 3,024 members and 8,800 employees who work together in pursuit of a shared vision: Better Dairy. Better World. Agropur has 38 plants across North America and boasts an impressive roster of respected brands and products, including Natrel, OKA, iÖGO, biPro, Agropur Grand Cheddar, Olympic, Farmers, Island Farms, Sealtest, Lucerne and Québon. www.agropur.com
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is mandatory!
Plus premium: 0.75¢/h (afternoon shift); 1.00$/h (midnight shift)
_*Please note this is a contract position that has an end date with a possibility of extension.*_
The General Labourer is responsible for many different job tasks involved in the day-to-day operation of the production department.
Included in these responsibilities are:
- opening raw material cheese and ingredients;
- cutting cheese;
- feeding and/or adding cheese and ingredients; and
- weighing cheese and ingredients and packing finished product.
The General Labourer is also responsible for meeting all food safety and quality standards, within the scope of this position. He is also responsible for completing the sanitation process as defined for each area of production.
Candidates applying for this position must recognize that the physical demands of the sanitation processes are very rigorous and they are expected to be reliable, conscientious and a team player.
- follow the Standard Operation Procedures;
- adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices;
- follow guidelines established by company and O.H.S.A. to ensure safe operation of the machinery;
- complete required documentation accurately and timely;
- assist Machine Operator to ensure prompt start-ups;
- monitor product, package appearance and package integrity at pack-off station;
- monitor product quality within scope;
- complete scheduled and assigned sanitation tasks;
- assist co-workers when necessary; and
- assist with adequate clean-up at end of the day.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent;
- Criminal Background Check;
- Must demonstrate a general knowledge of production operations specific to production and packaging lines;
- Rotate through all shifts: days, afternoons, and midnights (Schedules are posted a week in advance); and
- Weekend work required.
Please submit your resume via this website.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call