The Champlain Local Health Integration Network’s (LHIN) mandate is to ensure health services are well-organized, appropriately funded, and meet the health needs of the 1.3 million residents who call this region home.
We work with and fund roughly 120 health service providers that offer about 240 health programs in hospitals, community support services, mental health and addiction services, community health centres, and long-term care homes. The Champlain LHIN also delivers home and community care services.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Home and Community Care responsible for Information and Referral including “Champlain healthline”, this position ensures the provision of easily accessible, accurate and comprehensive health and community information to assist and support individuals in making informed decisions and choices. As a first point of contact with the Champlain LHIN, this position provides a gateway to information regarding health and community services/resources available across the Champlain region for the general public, service providers and health care and community partners.
Education and Experience:
- Answer and respond to all incoming calls in a timely, professional and culturally sensitive manner, in the caller’s official language of choice, to determine the nature of the caller’s request and to identify presenting issues and concerns.
- Provide information and referral options to callers and when appropriate, linkages to other related services/resources including Champlain LHIN Intake Care Coordinators.
- Promote, encourage and provide guidance for access and use of electronic navigation and self-service tools i.e. “Champlainhealthline.ca”
- Track information regarding I&R calls in accordance with Champlain LHIN monitoring requirements.
- Ensure confidentiality of caller information.
- Respond to Champlain LHIN staff inquiries for day-to-day information needs.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a human or health care program or related discipline (minimum one year program).
- AIRS (Alliance of Information and Referral Systems) certification, or willingness to become certified within 36 months post hire and;
- Minimum of one year experience working in either health care or social services and one year experience within a call centre/reception or switchboard environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Champlain LHIN mission, vision and mandate, governance structure, operations (programs and services), demographics and community resources within the Champlain region.
- Technology infrastructure including voice telephony and related networks (laptop/desktop configuration), data networks (CHRIS, Navigator, Champlain healthline), fax/photocopy equipment.
- Broad range of medical terminology.
- Conflict diffusion or resolution skills.
- Crisis intervention/suicide prevention skills.
- Demonstrates and values excellent customer service
- Communicates effectively - both oral and written
- Demonstrates active listening skills, (screens calls and conducts fact-finding)
- Demonstrates effective reading and interpretation skills
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Builds relationships (both internally and externally)
- Works independently and as a team member
- Works effectively with information/database resources
- Inputs data efficiently and accurately
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Vulnerable Sector Check completed within the last six months
Affiliation: CUPE – Wages are in accordance with the collective agreement between Champlain LHIN and CUPE and start at $23.55/hr.
A rotating shift schedule comprised of eight-hour shifts with various start times between the hours of 8am and 8pm for a total of 70hours in a two-week period
4200 Labelle St., Ottawa, Ontario
Please note that selection will be in accordance with Article 11.02 of the Collective Agreement (Criteria for Selection).
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Champlain LHIN welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process.